5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who got to Rome first?
- Who rote On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection?
- Who was the first king of united Italy?
- Who was Charles Darwin?
- Tuscany, Modena, Parma and Romagna rejected their....
- a Charles Darwin!
- b Cavour
- c Victor Emmanuel II
- d Austrian rulers
- e big scientist of the age who sailed around in the Beagle. Found the Galapagos islands.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Napoleon III and Victor Emmanuel II
- group that understood the power of the press
- Carlo-Alberto, Victor Emmanuel II
- Charles Dickens (Hard Times) Gustave Flaubert (Madame Bovary) Dostoyevsky (Crime and Punishment)
- opportunistic politician and realist. wanted to unify Italy and make it a major European power.
5 True/False questions
Benjamin Disraeli → king of Sicily
Crystal Palace Exhibit → realist painter. The Artist's Studio, Burial at Ornans, Stone Breakers
Giuseppe Mazzini lead.... → young italy
Why was Britain successful in changing without revolution? → Liberty was considered a birthright and parliament adapted to change.
Realism → rejection of romantic idealism and subjectivity.