5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was the first king of united Italy?
- Giuseppe Mazzini lead....
- Bismark, Cavour and Louis Napoleon understood what political essential?
- Crystal Palace Exhibit
- Who involved Piedmont Sardinia with the Crimean War?
- a Victor Emmanuel II
- b showed off modern technology
- c Cavour
- d importance of public opinion
- e young italy
5 Multiple choice questions
- realist painter. The Artist's Studio, Burial at Ornans, Stone Breakers
- Charles Dickens (Hard Times) Gustave Flaubert (Madame Bovary) Dostoyevsky (Crime and Punishment)
- opportunistic politician and realist. wanted to unify Italy and make it a major European power.
- conservative, British prime minister, wanted state intervention for poor, sponsored Factory Act 1875
5 True/False questions
William Gladstone → rejection of romantic idealism and subjectivity.
New realists → rejection of romantic idealism and subjectivity.
Who was Charles Darwin? → Cavour
Giuseppe Garibaldi lead.... → the red shirts
Who got to Rome first? → big scientist of the age who sailed around in the Beagle. Found the Galapagos islands.