5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- T/F Both of the Giuseppe's movements were successful.
- Francois II
- Camillo Benso di Cavour
- Benjamin Disraeli was also the....
- Who rote On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection?
- a opportunistic politician and realist. wanted to unify Italy and make it a major European power.
- b first Earl of Beaconsfield
- c False. Both failed
- d Charles Darwin!
- e king of Sicily
5 Multiple choice questions
- Victor Emmanuel II
- Austrian rulers
- group that understood the power of the press
- Charles Dickens (Hard Times) Gustave Flaubert (Madame Bovary) Dostoyevsky (Crime and Punishment)
- Liberty was considered a birthright and parliament adapted to change.
5 True/False questions
Benjamin Disraeli → conservative, British prime minister, wanted state intervention for poor, sponsored Factory Act 1875
Bismark, Cavour and Louis Napoleon understood what political essential? → importance of public opinion
Crystal Palace Exhibit → showed off modern technology
Treaty of Plombieres (against the Austrians → Charles Dickens (Hard Times) Gustave Flaubert (Madame Bovary) Dostoyevsky (Crime and Punishment)
Realism → rejection of romantic idealism and subjectivity.