5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- representativeness bias
- anchoring bias
- confirmation bias
- mental set
- a Faulty heuristic caused by basing (anchoring) an estimate on a completely unrelated quality.
- b Ignoring or finding fault with information that does not fit our opinions, and seeking information with which we agree.
- c Faulty heuristic strategy based on presumption that, once a person or event is categorized, it shares all features of other members in that category.
- d Tendency to respond to a new problem in the manner used for a previous problem.
- e Smallest unit of speech with sound.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Use a word too widely.
- Underusing a word.
- Language determines thought.
- Applying a grammatical rule too widely and thereby creating incorrect forms.
- The way an issue is posed; how an issue is framed can significantly affect decisions and judgments.
5 True/False questions
language → The order of words in a language.
schema → A cluster of knowledge about sequences of events and actions expected to occur in particular settings.
language acquisition device (LAD) → Structure in the brain innately programmed with some of the fundamental rules of grammar.
grammar → The rules of a language.
artificial concepts → Concepts that represent objects and events.