5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- mental set
- artificial concepts
- event related potentials
- a Brain waves shown on an EEG in response to stimulation.
- b Underusing a word.
- c Tendency to respond to a new problem in the manner used for a previous problem.
- d Concepts that are defined by rules.
- e A knowledge cluster or general framework that provides expectations about topics, events, objects, people, and situations in one's life.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ignoring or finding fault with information that does not fit our opinions, and seeking information with which we agree.
- Consists of symbols that convey meaning, plus rules for combining those symbols, that can be used to generate an infinite variety of messages.
- The way an issue is posed; how an issue is framed can significantly affect decisions and judgments.
- Faulty heuristic strategy that estimates probabilities based on information that can be recalled from personal experience.
- Language determines thought.
5 True/False questions
overextension → Underusing a word.
syntax → The order of words in a language.
algorithms → Problem-solving procedures or formulas that guarantee a correct outcome if correctly applied.
innateness theory of language → Children learn language mainly by following an inborn program for acquiring vocabulary and grammar.
script → A knowledge cluster or general framework that provides expectations about topics, events, objects, people, and situations in one's life.