Create an account
1. In accordance with the explicit or primary meaning of a work or phrase, not its metaphorical meaning.
2. Word for word; verbatum.
1. To pledge to pay for something or to contribute; to place an order by signing.
2. To express consent or agreement; to assent.
1. To make a sound recording for later reproduction.
2. To write out fully.
3. To arrange music for an instrument different from the one first composed for.
An inscription on a monument or building, on a coin, or at the beginning of the book or chapter.
A print produced by a printing process in which a smooth surface is treated so that ink will adhere only to the design to be printed.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together