Classical Roots D Lessons 5 & 6
The occurance of the same initial sound in several words in succession.
1. In accordance with the explicit or primary meaning of a work or phrase, not its metaphorical meaning.
2. Word for word; verbatum.
1. Able to read or write.
2. Knowledgable; educated.
To do away with completely; to wipe out; to erase.
To attritubute to a particular cause; source/origin.
1. To draw a line aroun; to encircle.
2. To confine; to limit.
A military draft.
1. To denounce, or condemn.
2. To prhibit; to forbid.
1. To pledge to pay for something or to contribute; to place an order by signing.
2. To express consent or agreement; to assent.
1. To make a sound recording for later reproduction.
2. To write out fully.
3. To arrange music for an instrument different from the one first composed for.
A word composed of the first letters or parts of a name or series of words.
A word that sounds like the thing it names.
A fictitious name.
A system of naming, especially in the arts or sciences.
A short witty saying.
An inscription on a monument or building, on a coin, or at the beginning of the book or chapter.
Art of creating dances.
Words or drawings scratched or scribbled on the side of a wall.
Relating to the visual arts like drawing, painting, lettering, or engraving.
A print produced by a printing process in which a smooth surface is treated so that ink will adhere only to the design to be printed.
The features of an area, such as its rivers, mountains, and roads.
Consisting of parts selected from various sources.
1. A specialized dictionary.
2. The specialized vocab. of a particular topic or profession.
A comparison between 2 things that are alike in some ways.
A person who makes an argument in support of someone or something.
Short concluding section in a literary work.
A symbol or design that serves to identify an organization or institution.
The organization of supplies and services.
A speech or writing in praise of a person or thing, especially honoring the dead.