Create an account
Mitochondria, Nucleus, Endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi apparatus, Lysosomes, Peroxisomes
Lipids, lipid-soluble molecules, and soluble gases (O2 and CO2 ) can pass through the lipid bilayer of the plasmalemma.
Large molecules that cannot fit through the membrane channels and cannot diffuse through the membrane lipids can only cross the plasmalemma when transported by a carrier mechanism
Anchor cytoskeleton to integral proteins
• Stabilize the position of membrane proteins
• Anchor plasmalemma to the cytoplasm
• Produce movement of the cell
• Stabilize organelle position
• Transport material within the cytosol
Involved in the formation of centrioles, which are
involved in cell reproduction
ex. cilia, flagella
• Nuclear envelope
• Perinuclear space
• Nuclear pores
• Nuclear matri
• Synthesis and packaging of secretions
• Packaging of enzymes (modifies protein)
• Renewal and modification of the plasmalemm
Smooth endoplasmic reticulum
• Synthesizes lipids, steroids, and carbohydrates
• Storage of calcium ions
• Detoxification of toxins
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together