5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Maximum length of motor vehicle
- Notes: TRC 548.602
- Vehicles and Equipment Subject to Inspection
- Maximum Height
- a ~45 feet-motor vehicles
- b ~MV, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, or mobile home registered in Texas.
~Moped is subject to inspection in the same manner as a motorcycle except only the brakes, headlamps, rear lamps, and reflectors must comply with standards prescribed by 547.408 and 547.801.
- c Inspection Certificates enforceable after fifth (5th) day of expiration if motor vehicle is registered in Texas.
- d ~14 feet - vehicle and its load.
5 Multiple choice questions
- ~65 feet - a combination of not more than three vehicles.
- ~Red, amber or color between red and amber.
- ~Operator must select lowermost distribution of light or composite light when approaching oncoming vehicle within 500 feet; or approaching vehicle from behind within 300 feet.
- ~audible under normal conditions at a distance of 200 feet.
- ~Red flags.
~Flags at least 12 inches square.
~At least 4 feet beyond the bed or body of the vehicle.
~Loads beyond the sides or more than 4 feet beyond the vehicle's rear shall display red flags.
5 True/False questions
Other Lamps → ~backup lamps emit light only when the vehicle is not moving forward
Reflectors → ~displayed at nighttime or when light insufficient or atmospheric conditions persons or vehicles not discernable at 1000 feet.
Muffler Required → ~Shall be equipped with a muffler in good working condition that continuously operates to prevent excessive or unusual noise.
Restrictions of Windows → ~Does not apply to rear windows if vehicle is equipped with two outside mirrors that reflect a minimum of 200 feet to the rear.
Maximum extended length of load → ~102 inches.
~Passenger vehicle may not carry a load extending more than 3 inches beyond the left side line of fenders or more than 6 inches beyond the right side line of fenders.