4 Written questions
3 Multiple choice questions
- -Drafted by Thomas Jefferson, edited by the Continental Congress.
-Argued that humans have natural rights, guaranteed to them at birth.
-Blamed King George for the problems leading up to the Revolution.
-Declared the United States independent from Great Britain.
- - British forces attacked the Americans.
- The British suffered more casualties then the Americans.
- The British won when the colonists were forced to retreat, due to their lack of gun powder.
- The King declared New England and eventually all of the colonies in a state of rebellion.
- -The colonies' final offer of peace to King George.
-Agreed to be loyal to King George if the government would address their wishes (repeal the Coercive Acts and end taxation without representation).
-This petition was rejected once Britain heard about Breed's Hill.
3 True/False questions
Appointment of Washington → - Appointed commander of the Continental Army because for his leadership skills.
- A symbol of the colonists' fight for independence.
Second Continental Congress → -Met in 1775, when King George did not agree to the colonist's demands.
-The Congress drafted and signed the Declaration of Independence, which declared war and that the colonists should be free of Britain.
-The Congress appointed Washington as commander of the Continental Army and wrote the Articles of Confederation.
Treaty of Paris → - Increased social equality, increased church-state separation, and elevated the status of women.
- Put an end to certain inheritance practices (primogeniture and entail) and the practice of putting a person in jail for debt.
- Reduced the qualifications for owning property, voting, and holding office.