4 Written questions
3 Multiple choice questions
- - Prevented the British from splitting New England from the rest of the colonies.
- As a result Gen. Burgoyne and his army surrendered to the Americans.
- Proved to France that America could win the war.
- British offered Americans home rule within the British Empire.
- - Ended the Revolutionary War, granted the colonies independence, and gave them territory from Canada's southern border to Florida's northern border.
- Britain hoped to split the US from its French allies by granting the nation's wishes.
- -The colonies' final offer of peace to King George.
-Agreed to be loyal to King George if the government would address their wishes (repeal the Coercive Acts and end taxation without representation).
-This petition was rejected once Britain heard about Breed's Hill.
3 True/False questions
Appointment of Washington → - British Gen. Cornwallis waited in Yorktown for supplies and replacements.
- American Gen. Washington attacked Cornwallis and his troops by land while French Admiral De Grasse blocked their escape by sea.
- Forced Britain to begin negotiating peace with America.
Declaration of Independence → -The framework of the new government adopted in 1781.
-The new government was very weak and had trouble receiving respect from foreign governments.
-Under the Articles, the US was able to end the war and negotiate peace.
Second Continental Congress → - Appointed commander of the Continental Army because for his leadership skills.
- A symbol of the colonists' fight for independence.