4 Written questions
3 Multiple choice questions
- -Met in 1775, when King George did not agree to the colonist's demands.
-The Congress drafted and signed the Declaration of Independence, which declared war and that the colonists should be free of Britain.
-The Congress appointed Washington as commander of the Continental Army and wrote the Articles of Confederation.
- -The framework of the new government adopted in 1781.
-The new government was very weak and had trouble receiving respect from foreign governments.
-Under the Articles, the US was able to end the war and negotiate peace.
- - Appointed commander of the Continental Army because for his leadership skills.
- A symbol of the colonists' fight for independence.
3 True/False questions
Results of War → - Increased social equality, increased church-state separation, and elevated the status of women.
- Put an end to certain inheritance practices (primogeniture and entail) and the practice of putting a person in jail for debt.
- Reduced the qualifications for owning property, voting, and holding office.
Battle of Yorktown → - Prevented the British from splitting New England from the rest of the colonies.
- As a result Gen. Burgoyne and his army surrendered to the Americans.
- Proved to France that America could win the war.
- British offered Americans home rule within the British Empire.
Treaty of Paris → - Ended the Revolutionary War, granted the colonies independence, and gave them territory from Canada's southern border to Florida's northern border.
- Britain hoped to split the US from its French allies by granting the nation's wishes.