5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Coal strike of 1902
- Upton Sinclair
- 16th Ammendment
- Pure Food and Drug Act
- Bureau of Mines
- a Prohibited the shipment of impure or falsley labeled food or drugs same day of the meat inspection act
- b people didn't have coal Roosevelt blamed this on people using theirown needs at the countries expense.
- c Expands the forest conserves. Roosevelt.
- d Wrote the jungle he is a muckraker borought on the meat inspection act.
- e Income tax 1913 specifically gave Congress the authority to levy an income tax.
5 Multiple choice questions
- reduced the average tariff to thirty percent of the value of the product
- When coal miners had a strike demanding increased pay this made coal prices going up. Roosevelt said this was people pursuing their privatre intrests at the cost ofthe nation. He forced arbitration.
- Making, sale, and consumption of alchol
- Roosevelt- Trusts can be helpful but we need to regulate them to not let them do things unfairly. Worked for child labor laws and fixing womens labor.
- Started by lawyer helped protect against discrimination espesially for jews
5 True/False questions
Income Tax → let the government take taxes on what your intake is. The more money you earn the more you must give as taxes. They started this because the tarrifs were lowered.
Carrie Chapman Catt → Income tax 1913 specifically gave Congress the authority to levy an income tax.
Hepburn Act → Strengthens the railroad by regulating prices
Federal Reserve → Creates national supervision of the banking system allows them to indirectly control the interest rates and the amount of money
William Howard Taft → Was president after roosevelt beleived that we had to break up the trusts completely. Hand picked by Roosevelt. Unpopular did not dothings fairly. Childrens Bureau.