5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Legacy/Failings of Progressivism
- New Nationalism
- Income Tax
- a let the government take taxes on what your intake is. The more money you earn the more you must give as taxes. They started this because the tarrifs were lowered.
- b Roosevelt- Trusts can be helpful but we need to regulate them to not let them do things unfairly. Worked for child labor laws and fixing womens labor.
- c citizens can introduce laws itmade th citezens have more power
- d Made the country expect the government to regulate the economy and social problems. Failure to adress racial and religious descrimination
- e Making, sale, and consumption of alchol
5 Multiple choice questions
- The people would elect who the senator was not the party boss.
- Allows us to make the vote instead of the council
- Taft and roosevelt wanted the republican vote. Taft was winning so roosevelt became and individualist. Since the republicans were split up. Wilson won! the democrat.
- Wrote the jungle he is a muckraker borought on the meat inspection act.
- A business benefits their company but doesn't help others restricted compitition
5 True/False questions
Bureau of Mines → Expands the forest conserves. Roosevelt.
improving the government → ...
Gentleman's Agreement → Investigated problems with child labor and made it public
NAACP → National Association of the colored people goal to be able to vote not have what the constitution said they would have.
Mother Jones → influential progressives their idea was if people knew about things some companies did people would do something.
Russel- went into meat plants and wroter about what he saw bad meat being grinded up and put into sausages.