Create an account
to leave something or someone in a place, especially because you are in a hurry or are trying to escape
1) to go with someone to a place or event
2) to happen or exist while something else is happening
1) to get more and more of something over a period of time
2) to increase in quantity over a period of time
an attitude that you have that makes you treat someone in a way that is unfair or different from the way you treat other people
1) to obey something such as a rule or law
2) to behave in a way that most people think is correct or suitable
1) modern, or relating to the present time
2) alive or existing at the same time as a particular event or person
existing only in limited numbers or amounts, or continuing only for a limited time or distance
a system for organizing people according to their status in a society, organization, or other group
not stated directly, but expressed in the way that someone behaves, or understood from what they are saying
to separate something such as an idea or a problem from others so that you can consider it by itself
to balance the effect of something, with the result that there is no advantage or disadvantage
a set of ideas that are used for understanding or explaining something, especially in a particular subject
1) to formally give something to someone so that they can make a decision about it
2) to accept that someone has defeated you or has power over you
used about someone who continues the work of, or who reaches the standard of, someone who came before them
1) a long piece of writing that is the final part of an advanced university degree
2) an idea, opinion, or theory that is used to explain something
a machine that you travel in or on, especially one with an engine that travels on roads, for example a car, bus, van, truck, or motorcycle
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together