5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- For what reason has the Yellow River been nicknamed "China's Sorrow"?
- What consequences resulted from Egyptian rulers seeking financial aid from provincial nobles during the First Intermediate Period?
- For what reason was the Hittite war chariot such a formidable weapon?
- What values are depicted by the characters in Homer's epics that were considered so important that the "Illiad" and the "Odyssey" became part of the curriculum in Greek schools?
- In what ways did the cities of the early Indus River Valley civilization exhibit concern for sanitation and cleanliness?
- a The devastating floods that occur on the river periodically
- b It allowed the Hittites to field twice as many troops as their foes
- c Strive for excellence, meet fate with dignity, and love nature
- d Nobles received large plots of land, the power of nobles increased in local districts, the power of the Egyptian kings declined, and no strong central government
- e Some houses had brick-floored bathing rooms, dirty water drained through clay pipes into gutters, and brick sewer systems ran beneath the streets
5 Multiple choice questions
- The seclusion of women in an attempt to improve Athenian morality
- Some Cro-Magnons were buried with ivory daggers and amber beads
- To end blood feuds and private vengeance
- They believed trade was an indecent occupation
5 True/False questions
How did the Assyrians treat the people whom they conquered? → They courted the goodwill of the conquered people and they spared the lives of conquered people and left conquered cities intact
For what reason was the "veto" power of the tribunes in Roman government 'negative' in nature? → It allowed the Hittites to field twice as many troops as their foes
What is the estimated age of the universe? The earth? → The development of agriculture
What was the "Neolithic Revolution"? → The development of agriculture
What types of natural phenomena serve as possible explanations for the sudden disappearance of Minoan Civilization? → 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years