5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- At what point in Greek history did the term "barbaros" develop a negative connotation?
- What are the characteristics of Greek sculpture after 450 B.C.?
- In spite of fair treatment by their Persian overlords, the Ionian Greeks regularly rose up in rebellion against the Persians because...
- For what reasons did the Persians not participate in trade?
- What factors contributed to the breakup of the Kingdom of Israel following the death of Solomon?
- a They believed trade was an indecent occupation
- b After he died, revolts broke out and two kingdoms broke out
- c After the Persian Wars
- d Deliberate exclusion of individuality and mastery of the technical problems of clothing and human anatomy
- e The Greeks wanted independence and freedom from Persian hegemony
5 Multiple choice questions
- There was no large-scale fishing industry, trade between the Romans and other people beyond the peninsula would be limited in the early days of Rome's development, and there were few good harbors
- They burned the cities they conquered, deported entire populations from their homelands, and tortured and killed thousands of captives
- By means of religion
- 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years
- The devastating floods that occur on the river periodically
5 True/False questions
Which Hellenistic philosophy had an impact on Roman intellectuals and early Christian thinkers? → 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years
For what purpose was a vote taken annually in the Athenian assembly that could result in the exile of a citizen for ten years? → He was accused of impiety and corrupting the youth of Athens
For what reason was the Hittite war chariot such a formidable weapon? → It allowed the Hittites to field twice as many troops as their foes
Identify the fundamental ideas held by Plato and Aristotle as they are presented in "The Republic" and "Politics". → Plato - the state is more important than the individual; Aristotle - the viability of a government is determined by circumstance
With what is the development of civilization associated? → The rise of cities