5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did the Assyrians treat the people whom they conquered?
- What benefit did the early Egyptians derive from the protection against invasion that was afforded by them by the geography of the region?
- What types of natural phenomena serve as possible explanations for the sudden disappearance of Minoan Civilization?
- What values are depicted by the characters in Homer's epics that were considered so important that the "Illiad" and the "Odyssey" became part of the curriculum in Greek schools?
- What methods were used by Philip of Macedon to extend his power during his 33 year reign?
- a Diplomacy, conquest, and marriage
- b Strive for excellence, meet fate with dignity, and love nature
- c They burned the cities they conquered, deported entire populations from their homelands, and tortured and killed thousands of captives
- d Egyptian energy and resources were not heavily directed at war
- e Volcanic eruption or tidal wave
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Spartans then decided that the only way to maintain power was to establish a military society
- Plato - the state is more important than the individual; Aristotle - the viability of a government is determined by circumstance
- The Greeks wanted independence and freedom from Persian hegemony
5 True/False questions
Which phase of the Punic Wars was unjustified on the part of the Romans? Why was this war fought? → 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years
In what ways did the cities of the early Indus River Valley civilization exhibit concern for sanitation and cleanliness? → Some houses had brick-floored bathing rooms, dirty water drained through clay pipes into gutters, and brick sewer systems ran beneath the streets
What provided the basis for behavior in early societies? → The development of agriculture
What was the "Neolithic Revolution"? → The use of fire
What was the most important concept contained in the Code of Hammurabi? → 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years