5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which Hellenistic philosophy had an impact on Roman intellectuals and early Christian thinkers?
- For what purpose was a vote taken annually in the Athenian assembly that could result in the exile of a citizen for ten years?
- What consequences resulted from Egyptian rulers seeking financial aid from provincial nobles during the First Intermediate Period?
- With what is the development of civilization associated?
- What methods were used by Philip of Macedon to extend his power during his 33 year reign?
- a It was a means to protect the true nature and definition of a democracy and it worked to avoid the danger of one man dominating the government through skill in rhetoric and debate
- b Stoicism
- c Diplomacy, conquest, and marriage
- d The rise of cities
- e Nobles received large plots of land, the power of nobles increased in local districts, the power of the Egyptian kings declined, and no strong central government
5 Multiple choice questions
- All free citizens had a right to the law's protection
- The use of fire
- After the Persian Wars
- The Egyptians learned to hate and how to fight
- Strive for excellence, meet fate with dignity, and love nature
5 True/False questions
What provided the basis for behavior in early societies? → The development of agriculture
For what reason was the Hittite war chariot such a formidable weapon? → They believed trade was an indecent occupation
What factors contributed to the decline of the small farmer in Roman society following the Punic Wars? → After he died, revolts broke out and two kingdoms broke out
What groups were upset in Egypt during the Amarna period by the pharaoh's imposition of monotheism on Egyptian religion? → 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years
For what reason has the Yellow River been nicknamed "China's Sorrow"? → The devastating floods that occur on the river periodically