5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the estimated age of the universe? The earth?
- What benefit did the early Egyptians derive from the protection against invasion that was afforded by them by the geography of the region?
- For what reason has the Yellow River been nicknamed "China's Sorrow"?
- What "lasting impressions" were made upon the Egyptians by the "Highland Rulers" and other foreign invaders?
- At what point in Greek history did the term "barbaros" develop a negative connotation?
- a The Egyptians learned to hate and how to fight
- b After the Persian Wars
- c Egyptian energy and resources were not heavily directed at war
- d The devastating floods that occur on the river periodically
- e 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years
5 Multiple choice questions
- Plato - the state is more important than the individual; Aristotle - the viability of a government is determined by circumstance
- Economic rivalry
- Deliberate exclusion of individuality and mastery of the technical problems of clothing and human anatomy
- Nobles received large plots of land, the power of nobles increased in local districts, the power of the Egyptian kings declined, and no strong central government
5 True/False questions
In spite of fair treatment by their Persian overlords, the Ionian Greeks regularly rose up in rebellion against the Persians because... → They believed trade was an indecent occupation
What methods were used by Philip of Macedon to extend his power during his 33 year reign? → Diplomacy, conquest, and marriage
What were the functions/responsibilities of the vizier during the Old Kingdom? → The actors were always men, there were elaborate costumes for actors, and the theaters were open air and often built on the side of a hill
For what reason was the Hittite war chariot such a formidable weapon? → They believed trade was an indecent occupation
What was man's "first epic victory over nature"? → The use of fire