5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What groups were upset in Egypt during the Amarna period by the pharaoh's imposition of monotheism on Egyptian religion?
- What evidence exists to suggest that among the Cro-Magnons there were people who served as rulers?
- For what reason was the "veto" power of the tribunes in Roman government 'negative' in nature?
- In what ways did humans respond to climatic changes that occurred during the Ice Age?
- What was man's "first epic victory over nature"?
- a The military, the priests of the old religion, and the common people
- b New laws could not be passed or invoked after its use and this power could only be used to prevent the enactment of laws
- c Some Cro-Magnons were buried with ivory daggers and amber beads
- d The use of fire
- e They developed techniques to keep warm (fire and clothing), migrated to warmer climates, and died if they were unable to adapt
5 Multiple choice questions
- Supervising the business of government, collection of taxes, and supervision of farming and irrigation
- They believed trade was an indecent occupation
- 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years
- The actors were always men, there were elaborate costumes for actors, and the theaters were open air and often built on the side of a hill
- To end blood feuds and private vengeance
5 True/False questions
How did the Assyrians treat the people whom they conquered? → They courted the goodwill of the conquered people and they spared the lives of conquered people and left conquered cities intact
For what purpose was a vote taken annually in the Athenian assembly that could result in the exile of a citizen for ten years? → It was a means to protect the true nature and definition of a democracy and it worked to avoid the danger of one man dominating the government through skill in rhetoric and debate
What "lasting impressions" were made upon the Egyptians by the "Highland Rulers" and other foreign invaders? → 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years
After 1200 B.C., merchants in the Near East no longer required the services of specially trained scribes because... → They believed trade was an indecent occupation
What are the characteristics of Greek sculpture after 450 B.C.? → The actors were always men, there were elaborate costumes for actors, and the theaters were open air and often built on the side of a hill