Create an account
The name of the government agency that has led the development of basic data sets for health records is the _____.
a. Centers for Disease COntrol
b. Johns Hopkins University
c. American National Standards Institute
d. National COmmittee on VItal and Health Statistics
(201?) The primary purpose of a minimum data set in healthcare is to _____.
a. recommend common data elements to be collected in health records.
b. mandate all data that must be contained in a health record.
c. define reportable data for federally funded programs.
d. standardize medical vocabulary
(197?) Data that are collected on large populations of individuals and stored in databases are referred to as _____.
c. aggregate data
The inpatient data set that has been incorporated into federal law and is required for Medicare reporting is the _____.
a. Ambulatory Care Data set
b. Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set
c. Minimum Data Set for Long-Term Care
d. Health Plan Employer Data and Information Set
Both HEDIS and the Joint Commission's ORYX program are designated to collect data to be used for _____.
a. perfromance improvement programs
b. billing and claims data processing
c. developing hospital discharge abstracting systems
d. developing individual care plans for residents
(212) A National Health Information Network is:
a. A national database of patient information
b. A standard used by the Internet
c. A network of networks
d. An electronic health record
(227) Standardizing medical terminology to avoid differences in naming various medical conditions and procedures (such as synonyms bunionectomy, McBride procedure, and the repair of hallus valgus) is one purpose of _____.
a. transaction standards
b. content and structure standards
c. vocabulary standards
d. security standards
(219) The federal law that directed the Secretary of Health and Human Services to develop healthcare standards governing electronic data interchange and data security is the _____.
a. Medicare Act
b. Prospective Payment Act
c. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
d. Social Security Act
The number that has been proposed for use as a unique patient identification number but is controversial because of confidentiality and privacy concerns is the _____.
a. Social Security number
b. unique physician identification number
c. health record number
d. national provider number
(231) Most healthcare informatics standards have been implemented by _____.
a. federal mandate
c. state regulation
d. trade association requirement
(119?/1125) A critical step in designing an EHR is to develop a(n) _____ in which the characteristics of each data element are defined.
a. accreditation manual
b. core content
c. continuity of care document
d. data dictionary
(203) According to the UHDDS definition, ethnicity should be recorded on a patient record as _____.
a. race of mother
b. Race of father
c. Hispanic, non-Hispanic, unknown
d. Free text descriptor as reported by patient
(211) Mary Smith, RHIA has been asked to work on the development of a hospital trauma data registry. Which of the following data sets would be most helpful in developing the registry?
c. MDS Version 2.0
(206) While the focus of inpatient data collection is on the principal diagnosis, the focus of outpatient data collection is on _____.
a. reason for admission
b. reason for encounter
c. discharge diagnosis
d. activities of daily living
(206) In long tern care, the resident's care plan is based on data collected on the _____.
c. MDS Version 2.0
(209) Reimbursement for home health services [is] dependent of data collected from _____.
d. MDS Version 2.0
(210) A consumer interested in comparing the performance of health plans should review data from _____.
(229) I need a standard that allows data to be tranferred across the Internet. Which of the following is my choice?
(213) Each of the three dimensions (personal, provider, community) of information defined by the National Health Information Infrastructure (NHII) contains specific recommendations for _____.
a. government regulations
b. core data elements
c. privacy controls
d. technology requirements
(213) A statewide surveillance system is an example of which of the NHII dimensions?
c. community (now referred to as population)
(219) In order to effectively transmit healthcare data between a provider and payer, both parties must adhere to which electronic data interchange standards?
c. IEEE 1073
(227) A radiology department is planning to develop a remote clinic and plans to transmit images for diagnostic purposes. The nost important standards to implement in order to transmit images is _____.
c. IEEE 1073
(226) A core data set developed by ASTM to communicate a patient's past and current health information as the patient transitions fromone care setting to another is _____.
a. Continuity of Care Record
b. Minimu Data Set
c. Ambulatory Care Data Set
d. uniform Hopsital Discharge Data Set
(226) Labaoratory data is successfully transmitted back and forth from Community Hospital to three local physician clinics. this successful transmission is dependent on which of the following standards?
(231) As many private and public standards groups promulgate health informatics standards, the Office of the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology has been given responsibility for _____.
a. developing unique provider identifiers
b. finalizing the extensible markup language
c. harmonization of standards from multiple sources
d. building software systems to support EHR development
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together