5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Muslim Brotherhood
- Primary Product
- Arab-Israeli Wars
- a extremist Muslim group that insists Egypt be governed only by Islamic law
- b A country placed under control of another power by international agreement
- c Raw Material, good example is Oil.
- d a series of wars between 1948 and 1973 that were fought between Israel and the Arab countries of Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon.
- e certain products made from oil.
5 Multiple choice questions
- It was built in 1956 to control the flooding of the Nile River. The dam gives Egyptian farmers a more dependable source of water for their crops. It also gives Egypt electrical power.
- religious practices play a less important role in their lives.
- An Arab region that was controlled by Britain after WWI, and also the land the Jews had lived in 2,000 years earlier.
- goods manufactured from primary products.
- strict Jews that think Jewish law should help form government policy
5 True/False questions
Tradeoff → An exchange of one benefit for another.
Gamal Abdel Nasser → A country placed under control of another power by international agreement
Zionism → Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
King Farouk → Ethnic group that lives in parts of Iraq and Turkey. They often suffer persecution in both countries, and are currently under the protection of the United Nations in Iraq.
Yom Kippur → Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members