5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Primary Product
- Aswan High Dam
- a It was built in 1956 to control the flooding of the Nile River. The dam gives Egyptian farmers a more dependable source of water for their crops. It also gives Egypt electrical power.
- b a collective farm or settlement owned by its members in modern Israel
- c religious practices play a less important role in their lives.
- d Raw Material, good example is Oil.
- e Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
5 Multiple choice questions
- Led a military coup in Egypt in 1952; ruled until 1970; established himself as a major Arab force in the Middle East.
- a series of wars between 1948 and 1973 that were fought between Israel and the Arab countries of Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon.
- a war fought between a coalition led by the United States and Iraq to free Kuwait from Iraqi invaders
- Egypt's last ruling king 1936-1952; shared control with Britain; son of King Faud
- Egyptian statesman who (as president of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin (then prime minister of Israel) (1918-1981)
5 True/False questions
Palestine → An Arab region that was controlled by Britain after WWI, and also the land the Jews had lived in 2,000 years earlier.
Secondary Products → goods manufactured from primary products.
Muslim Brotherhood → extremist Muslim group that insists Egypt be governed only by Islamic law
Yom Kippur → Day of Atonement, a day for fasting and reflecting on one's sins.
Law of Return → Day of Atonement, a day for fasting and reflecting on one's sins.