5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gamal Abdel Nasser
- Anwar Sadat
- a Pilgrimage to Mecca
- b Farmers in Egypt who live in villages and work on small plots of land that they rent from landowners
- c Led a military coup in Egypt in 1952; ruled until 1970; established himself as a major Arab force in the Middle East.
- d Egyptian statesman who (as president of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin (then prime minister of Israel) (1918-1981)
- e a collective farm or settlement owned by its members in modern Israel
5 Multiple choice questions
- religious practices play a less important role in their lives.
- It was built in 1956 to control the flooding of the Nile River. The dam gives Egyptian farmers a more dependable source of water for their crops. It also gives Egypt electrical power.
- certain products made from oil.
- Egypt's last ruling king 1936-1952; shared control with Britain; son of King Faud
- An Arab region that was controlled by Britain after WWI, and also the land the Jews had lived in 2,000 years earlier.
5 True/False questions
Zionism → A worldwide movement, originating in the 19th century that sought to establish and develop a Jewish nation in Palestine. Since 1948, its function has been to support the state of Israel.
Orthodox Jews → certain products made from oil.
Secondary Products → Raw Material, good example is Oil.
Ramadan → ninth month of the Muslim calendar marked by fasting
Rosh Hashanah → ninth month of the Muslim calendar marked by fasting