5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Persian Gulf War
- Yom Kippur
- Anwar Sadat
- a An exchange of one benefit for another.
- b a war fought between a coalition led by the United States and Iraq to free Kuwait from Iraqi invaders
- c religious practices play a less important role in their lives.
- d Day of Atonement, a day for fasting and reflecting on one's sins.
- e Egyptian statesman who (as president of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin (then prime minister of Israel) (1918-1981)
5 Multiple choice questions
- It was built in 1956 to control the flooding of the Nile River. The dam gives Egyptian farmers a more dependable source of water for their crops. It also gives Egypt electrical power.
- certain products made from oil.
- goods manufactured from primary products.
- Jewish New Year
- Raw Material, good example is Oil.
5 True/False questions
Mandate → A country placed under control of another power by international agreement
Palestine → An Arab region that was controlled by Britain after WWI, and also the land the Jews had lived in 2,000 years earlier.
Orthodox Jews → certain products made from oil.
Kibbutz → A country placed under control of another power by international agreement
Kurds → Pilgrimage to Mecca