5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Yom Kippur
- Orthodox Jews
- Secondary Products
- a Pilgrimage to Mecca
- b Day of Atonement, a day for fasting and reflecting on one's sins.
- c goods manufactured from primary products.
- d strict Jews that think Jewish law should help form government policy
- e Ethnic group that lives in parts of Iraq and Turkey. They often suffer persecution in both countries, and are currently under the protection of the United Nations in Iraq.
5 Multiple choice questions
- It was built in 1956 to control the flooding of the Nile River. The dam gives Egyptian farmers a more dependable source of water for their crops. It also gives Egypt electrical power.
- certain products made from oil.
- An Arab region that was controlled by Britain after WWI, and also the land the Jews had lived in 2,000 years earlier.
- a war fought between a coalition led by the United States and Iraq to free Kuwait from Iraqi invaders
- Raw Material, good example is Oil.
5 True/False questions
Secular → Farmers in Egypt who live in villages and work on small plots of land that they rent from landowners
King Farouk → Egypt's last ruling king 1936-1952; shared control with Britain; son of King Faud
Gamal Abdel Nasser → A country placed under control of another power by international agreement
OPEC → Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
Kibbutz → a collective farm or settlement owned by its members in modern Israel