5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Primary Product
- Aswan High Dam
- Muslim Brotherhood
- a It was built in 1956 to control the flooding of the Nile River. The dam gives Egyptian farmers a more dependable source of water for their crops. It also gives Egypt electrical power.
- b Pilgrimage to Mecca
- c Raw Material, good example is Oil.
- d Ethnic group that lives in parts of Iraq and Turkey. They often suffer persecution in both countries, and are currently under the protection of the United Nations in Iraq.
- e extremist Muslim group that insists Egypt be governed only by Islamic law
5 Multiple choice questions
- Led a military coup in Egypt in 1952; ruled until 1970; established himself as a major Arab force in the Middle East.
- a series of wars between 1948 and 1973 that were fought between Israel and the Arab countries of Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon.
- Jewish New Year
- Day of Atonement, a day for fasting and reflecting on one's sins.
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
5 True/False questions
Ramadan → A country placed under control of another power by international agreement
Orthodox Jews → strict Jews that think Jewish law should help form government policy
Palestine → Farmers in Egypt who live in villages and work on small plots of land that they rent from landowners
Tradeoff → ninth month of the Muslim calendar marked by fasting
Fellahin → Farmers in Egypt who live in villages and work on small plots of land that they rent from landowners