5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nitrogen Fixation
- Food Web
- a A consumer that eats only animals.
- b A habitat in which the fresh water of a river meets the salt water of the ocean.
- c A grassland close to the equator that receives as muh as 120 centimeters of rain per year.
- d The pattern of overlapping food chains in an ecosystem.
- e The process of changing free nitrogen gas into a usable form.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Soil that is frozen all year.
- A leafy roof formed by tall trees.
- The continuous process by which water moves from Earth's surface to the atmosphere and back.
- A tree that sheds its leaves and grows new ones each year.
- A consumer that eats both plants and animals.
5 True/False questions
Neritic Zone → The region of shallow ocean water over the continental shelf.
Understory → A layer of shorter plants that grow in the shade of a forest canopy.
Dispersal → An area that receives less than 25 centimeters of precipitation per year.
Scavenger → A grassland close to the equator that receives as muh as 120 centimeters of rain per year.
Decomposer → An organism that breaks down chemicals from wastes and dead organisms, and returns important materials to the soil and water.