5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Neritic Zone
- a A consumer that eats both plants and animals.
- b The process by which a gas changes to a liquid.
- c The region of shallow ocean water over the continental shelf.
- d An extremely cold, dry biome.
- e The typical weather pattern in an area over a long period of time.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Rain, snow, sleet, or hail.
- The process by which molecules of liquid absorb energy and change to a gas.
- An area that receives less than 25 centimeters of precipitation per year.
- Species that are carried to a new location by people.
- Soil that is frozen all year.
5 True/False questions
Scavenger → A grassland close to the equator that receives as muh as 120 centimeters of rain per year.
Biogeography → A group of land ecosystems with similar climates and organisms.
Nitrogen Fixation → The process of changing free nitrogen gas into a usable form.
Understory → A layer of shorter plants that grow in the shade of a forest canopy.
Intertidal Zone → The area between the highest high-tide line and lowest low-tide line.