5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is theocratic totalitarianism?
- What are some generalizations about economic progress?
- What are property rights?
- What is HDI?
- What are the two ways that property rights can be violated?
- a a political system in which political power is monopolized by a party, group or individual tthat governs according to religious princapals
- b the bundle of legal rights over the use to which a resource is put and over the use made of any income that me be derived from that resource
- c 1. private action
2. public action
- d an attempt by the UN to asses the impact of a number of factors on the quality of human life in a country
- e 1. innovation and entrepreneurship are the engines of long term growth
2. Innovation and Entrepreneurship Require a Market Economy
3. Innovation and Entrepreneurship Require Strong Property Rights
5 Multiple choice questions
- the means by which socialism is achieved e.g. democratic vs. violent and totalitarian
- 1. deregulation
3. Legal system to safeguard property rights
- individual freedom and self expression and that society welfare is best served by letting people pursue their own economic self-intrest
- a political philosophy advocating substantial public involvement, through government ownership, in the means of production and distribution; it would benefit society as a whole
- 1. GDI(Gross National Income)
2. Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)
3.Human Development Index
5 True/False questions
True or False? Common law contracts tend to be more detailed and as a result more constantly but they are more flexible than civil law contracts. → True
What is the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act? → a U.S. law regulating behavior regarding the conduct of international business in the taking of bribes and other unethical actions (OCED and the Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions)
What is political system? → a system of rules that regulate behavior and the process by which the laws are enforced and through which the redress of grievance is obtained
What is tribal totalitarianism? → Form of government in which one person or political party exercises absolute control over all spheres of human life and prohibits opposing political parties
What is private action? → the extortion of income or resources of property holders by public officials such as politicians and government bureaucrats