5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the main difference between communist and social democrats?
- What are some determinants of Economic Development?
- What does a political system shape in a country?
- What is totalitarianism?
- What is collectivism?
- a it shapes the country's economic and legal systems
- b Form of government in which one person or political party exercises absolute control over all spheres of human life and prohibits opposing political parties
- c a political system that emphasizes collective goals over individual goals (plato)
- d the means by which socialism is achieved e.g. democratic vs. violent and totalitarian
- e 1. GDI(Gross National Income)
2. Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)
3.Human Development Index
5 Multiple choice questions
- individual freedom and self expression and that society welfare is best served by letting people pursue their own economic self-intrest
- a political philosophy advocating substantial public involvement, through government ownership, in the means of production and distribution; it would benefit society as a whole
- the theft piracy, blackmail, and the like by private individuals or groups
- removal of government restrictions conceding the conduct of business such price control allowing for free market play, abolishing laws concerning private enterprises and their operations, and removing restrictions on FDI and international trade
- the system of government in a nation
5 True/False questions
What is tribal totalitarianism? → ethnic group monopolizes power
What is right wing totalitarianism? → a political system in which political power is monopolized by a party, group, or individual that gernerally permits individual economic freedom but restricts individual political freedom, including free speech, frequently on grounds that it would lead to the rise of communism.
What are the different types of legal systems? → 1. common law
2. civil law
3. theocratic law
What are property rights? → the bundle of legal rights over the use to which a resource is put and over the use made of any income that me be derived from that resource
What are the two ways that property rights can be violated? → the bundle of legal rights over the use to which a resource is put and over the use made of any income that me be derived from that resource