5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are some other "factors" that tend to hinder economic development?
- What are some determinants of Economic Development?
- What are the different types of legal systems?
- What are the two dimension by which political systems can be assessed?
- What is political system?
- a 1. democratic or totalitarian
2. collectivism or individualism
- b 1. GDI(Gross National Income)
2. Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)
3.Human Development Index
- c 1. common law
2. civil law
3. theocratic law
- d the system of government in a nation
- e 1. Geography; land-lock areas and tropical regions grow more slowly
2. Education is crucial for development
5 Multiple choice questions
- the theft piracy, blackmail, and the like by private individuals or groups
- the political, economic, and legal systems of a country
- the means by which socialism is achieved e.g. democratic vs. violent and totalitarian
- political system in which government is by the people, exercised either directly or though elected representatives
5 True/False questions
what is individualism? → an emphasis on the importance of guaranteeing individual freedom and self-expression (Aristotle)
What is best for society according to individualism? → individual freedom and self expression and that society welfare is best served by letting people pursue their own economic self-intrest
What does a political system shape in a country? → the system of government in a nation
Why is GNI misleading? → an emphasis on the importance of guaranteeing individual freedom and self-expression (Aristotle)
What is the fault with CIGS? → Not many countries have ratified the convention only 70