5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the three prevalent economic systems?
- What is public action?
- The spread of of market based systems entails what characteristics?
- True of False? The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act allows for grease payments to secure or expedite government
- what is individualism?
- a the extortion of income or resources of property holders by public officials such as politicians and government bureaucrats
- b 1. market economy
2. command economy
3. mixed economy
- c an emphasis on the importance of guaranteeing individual freedom and self-expression (Aristotle)
- d 1. deregulation
3. Legal system to safeguard property rights
- e True
5 Multiple choice questions
- an attempt by the UN to asses the impact of a number of factors on the quality of human life in a country
- removal of government restrictions conceding the conduct of business such price control allowing for free market play, abolishing laws concerning private enterprises and their operations, and removing restrictions on FDI and international trade
- a U.S. law regulating behavior regarding the conduct of international business in the taking of bribes and other unethical actions (OCED and the Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions)
- 1. the increasing spread of democracy
2. New world order and terrorism
3.the spread of market based systems
- the system of government in a nation
5 True/False questions
What is the main difference between communist and social democrats? → the means by which socialism is achieved e.g. democratic vs. violent and totalitarian
What are property rights? → the bundle of legal rights over the use to which a resource is put and over the use made of any income that me be derived from that resource
What are the two dimension by which political systems can be assessed? → 1. private action
2. public action
What are some generalizations about economic progress? → 1. GDI(Gross National Income)
2. Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)
3.Human Development Index
What is a legal system? → the system of government in a nation