5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the study of historical records to establish the dates of past events; A chronology of your life lists the main events in the order of occurrence. - like a timeline
- b Spread throughout (something) - pervade; When you peel an orange, it cent will quickly permeate the room.
- c insert between two other things
- d quiet and soft - to make quiet - someone who is unable to speak; If you put a muzzle over a dog's mouth its bark is muted.
- e dangerously high or steep; You could hurt yourself badly if you fell off a precipitous cliff.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to wipe out - destroy utterly; Spray paint could obliterate a message on a road sign.
- so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyze or describe; Pale pink is a subtle color, bright orange is not.
- person who acts as a go-between, especially to settle differences
- stopping and starting at intervals
- lacing together; intermixed
5 True/False questions
Intrastate → question formally
Zealously → having or showing zeal - eagerness, excitement; When the preacher spoke zealously about her faith, she inspired her listeners.
Intravenous → withing or into a vein
Conscientiously → wishing to do what is right especially to do one's work or duty well and thoroughly; Employees who do their work conscientiously are efficient and well-respected
Brink → quiet and soft - to make quiet - someone who is unable to speak; If you put a muzzle over a dog's mouth its bark is muted.