5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Edict of Worms
- Henry VIII
- Council of Trent
- John Calvin
- a English King who broke away from Pope in order to divorce his wife Catherine of Aragon.
- b A way to remove sin by paying the Catholic church money
- c A series of meetings between Catholic Bishops and Cardinals that set several Catholic doctrines.
- d A Protestant leader who called for strict rules and a theocratic government.
- e Proclamation by Charles V punishing Martin Luther.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Massive Church built by the Holy See.
- Founder of the Jesuit order.
- Religious order devoted to teaching, converting, and defending the Catholic faith.
- A person who speaks out against official Church teachings.
- Peasants legally tied to the land of feudal lords.
5 True/False questions
Large Hadron Collider → Particle Accelerator constructed beneath Geneva.
95 Theses → Holy Roman Emperor; also King of Spain in 16th c.
Reformation → A person who speaks out against official Church teachings.
Protestant → A term applied to Christian who belonged to non-Catholic churches.
Martin Luther →
A Catholic monk whose writings sparked the Reformation.