5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, HBV, patients can become resistant to this treatment. Highest in safety and patient tolerance.
- indicated for age 1yr or older with risk factors
- Nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor useful in HBV patients that have developed resistance to lamivudine.
- Headache, nausea, vomitting, diarrhea, rash, fever, fatigue, lethargy.
- affect viral replication, indicated for Hep B,C,D, can give IV, IM, or SC. Flu-like side effects.
4 True/False questions
Telbivudine (Tyzeka) → HBV specific, drug resistance common, can elevate cpk and cause lactic acidosis.
PEGinterferon → affect viral replication, indicated for Hep B,C,D, can give IV, IM, or SC. Flu-like side effects.
Entecavir (Baraclude) → Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV
Successful HBV treatment → loss of HBeAg status and seroconversion to anti-HBeAg. NO CURE FOR HBV.