5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- indicated for age 1yr or older with risk factors
- Polyethylene glycol preparation of interferon that slows the rate of absorption, making treatment more effective, side effects lessened, once weekly administration.
- can use immunoglobulin if known to be within 2 weeks of exposure
- Nucleoside analogue, use with peginterferon. This drug blunts viral replication. HCV use.
- HBV specific, drug resistance common, can elevate cpk and cause lactic acidosis.
4 True/False questions
Tenofovir (Viread) → Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV
Common side effects of antivirals → Shown to decrease drug resistance but not to be more effective in treatment.
Goal of hepatitis treatment → Treat and suppress viral replication before liver damage is extensive
Successful HBV treatment → loss of HBeAg status and seroconversion to anti-HBeAg. NO CURE FOR HBV.