5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Headache, nausea, vomitting, diarrhea, rash, fever, fatigue, lethargy.
- Nucleoside analogue, use with peginterferon. This drug blunts viral replication. HCV use.
- Treat and suppress viral replication before liver damage is extensive
- Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV
- HBV specific, drug resistance common, can elevate cpk and cause lactic acidosis.
4 True/False questions
Adefovir (Hepsera) → Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV
Combination therapy → Shown to decrease drug resistance but not to be more effective in treatment.
hepatitis a vaccine → indicated for age 1yr or older with risk factors
hepatitis A treatment → can use immunoglobulin if known to be within 2 weeks of exposure