Create an account
If family members are alienated or distanced geographically, they are?
never truly relinuqished family memberships
What is a nuclear family
a father and mother with one or more children, living together as a single family unit
What is a extended family
nuclear family unit combination of second and third generation members related by blood or marriage but not living together
What is a three generational family
any combination of first second and third generation members living within a household
What is a Single Parent Family
divored, never married, separated, or widowed male or female and at least one child; most single parent families are headed by women
Blended or reconstituted family
a combination of tgwo families with children from one or both families and sometimes children of the newly married couple
a group of atleast two people sharing a nonsexual relationship and exchanging support who have no legal, blood or strong emotional tie
What is a group marriagea
all individuals are married to one another and are considered parents of all the children
5 Factors of a Biological Family
1. Family is created without loss
2. There are Shared Family Traditions
3. One set of family rules evolve
4. Children arrive one at a time
5. Biological parents live together
5 Factors of a Blended Family
1. Family is born of loss
2. There are two sets of family traditions
3. Family rules are varied and complicated
4. Instant parenthood of children at different ages occur
5. bviological parents live apart
Duvalls 9 Characteristics of a successfull family
1. An independent home
2. satisfactory wars of earning and spending money
3. Mutually acceptable patterns in the divison of labor
4. Continuity of mutually satisfying sexual relationships
5. An open system of communication
6. Workable relationships with relatives
7 ways of interacting with the larger social community
8, competency in childbearing and child rearing
9. a workable philosophy of life
9 Indicators for Family Assessment
1. Physical Injury
2. Family involvement
3. deteroation of a family member
4. illness of adverse response
5. discharge to an extended care facility
7. Health Problems
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together