5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Anatomical term: Oblique
- Second class lever
- a Movement accomplished when the muscle contracts.
- b Resistance is between fulcrum and effort.
Ex: standing on toes, wheelborrow
- c 3 sided
- d Members of a group of muscles working together to produce a movement.
- e Common name: Angle
5 Multiple choice questions
- Muscles ___, do NOT ____!
- Many origins.
- Common name: Triangular
- Effort is between resistance and fulcrum.
Ex: person using shovel
- A muscle that accomplishes a certain movement, such as flexation.
5 True/False questions
Anatomical term: Teres → Common name: Round
Origin → Fixed ends of bone. The attachment point of a muscle; usually stationary and at the proximal end of the muscle.
Anatomical term: Brachium → Common name: Arm
Location, size, shape, orientation, origin, # of heads, function → 7 methods used in muscle nomenclature.
Fixators → Muscles that hold one bone in place relative to the body while a more distal bone is moved.