5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Unified Japan; sole ruler (shogon); moved capital to Edo (later Tokyo); "tamed" the daimyo"; founded "Tokugawa Shogunate" = stability in Japan
- gave weak national gov
- women need edu. to become useful (doctors, politics, edu=better moms)
- objets attract to each other on earth and in universe
- a What were the reasons in revising the Articles of Confederation?
- b What were the main ideas of Mary Wollstonecraft?
- c Who controlled early trade in the Mediterranean after the crusades?
- d What did Newton discover?
- e What are the achievements of Tokugawa Ieyasu?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What occurred during James I's reign of England?
- What was the Treaty of Nijmegen?
- What is the order of dynastic rule in China from 1300s to 1700s?
- Baroque art and literature during the Enlightenment
- What is the order of power within Japanese feudalism?
5 True/False questions
linked algebra and geometry; everything doubted until proved by reason (helped advance scientific method) → Who was Rene Descartes?
Peter I; Czar of Russia; part of Romanov dynasty; reduced power of wealthy land owners and gave more power to low-ranking people; enforced a beard tax; made heavy taxes for his army; westernized Russia → Who was "Peter the Great"?
Chinese scholar-officials complained waste of valuable resources → Why were Zheng He's voyages stopped?
* → Who did the Qing make a vassal state to China?
gov. corrupted people's natural goodness; only good gov=formed by people and guided by will of society → What were the main ideas of Rousseau?