5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- developed experimental method
- fought for freedom of speech and religion
- Closed Country Policy (closed Japan from all Euro. customs and ideas)
- gov. should have separation of powers
- New constitution ratified: federal system of gov; bill of rights
- a What were the main ideas of Voltaire?
- b What were the results of the 1787 Constitutional Convention?
- c Who was Francis Bacon?
- d What were the main ideas of Montesquieu?
- e What was Japanese policy toward European contact?
5 Multiple choice questions
- How ideas of Enlightenment circulated
- Who did the Qing make a vassal state to China?
- What are the three factors that encouraged exploration?
- What was a "Philosophe"?
- Who was Johannes Kepler?
5 True/False questions
Zheng He → Family rule in Central Europe -- what countries did they rule, family name
Line of Russian czars that ruled for 300 years; related to Ivan's wife Anastasia; restored order to Russia → Who was "Ivan the Terrible"?
all humans naturally selfish and wicked; gov. job to keep order; people give up some rights to gain order; best gov.: absolute monarchy → How did Louis XIV control his nobility?
treaty between Spain and Portugal, agreed to imaginary line dividing Spanish and Portuguese land → How did Louis XIV control his nobility?
laws limit a ruler's power → What is a constitutional monarchy?