5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- women need edu. to become useful (doctors, politics, edu=better moms)
- offended by appointing Catholics to high office; dissolved Parliament; daughter Mary (married to Protestant William of Orange) asked to overthrow him = Glorious Revolution
- invaded Spanish Netherlands (gained 12 towns); invaded Dutch Netherlands (gained several towns and region); War of the Spanish Succession (Bourbon dynasty power increases to Spain; other countries feel threatened)
- Peter I; Czar of Russia; part of Romanov dynasty; reduced power of wealthy land owners and gave more power to low-ranking people; enforced a beard tax; made heavy taxes for his army; westernized Russia
- (not a monarch)
abolished monarchy and House of Lords; constitution drafted then destroyed = military dictator; crushed Ireland rebellion; promoted Puritan morality and abolished "sinful activities"; welcomed all regions (Jews!) except Catholics
- a What wars did Louis XIV involve in?
- b What were the main ideas of Mary Wollstonecraft?
- c Who was "Peter the Great"?
- d What occurred during Oliver Cromwell's reign of England?
- e What occurred during James II's reign of England?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was Francis Bacon?
- What were the main ideas of Thomas Hobbes?
- What is the order of dynastic rule in China from 1300s to 1700s?
- What were the main ideas of Montesquieu?
- Who was the great admiral for the Chinese during their exploration?
5 True/False questions
Restoration → After Oliver Cromwell died, Charles II became king and restored the monarchy. What period is this known as?
Colonists upset with: navigation acts, stamp acts, boston tea party, british occupy of Boston; colonists feel less identity with Britain than with colony → What events lead up to the American Revolution?
New constitution ratified: federal system of gov; bill of rights → What were the results of the 1787 Constitutional Convention?
conquered Ceuta in North Africa; founded navigation school in Portugal → What did Newton discover?
ended war between France and Spanish Netherlands (France gained region and several towns) → What was the purpose of the Treaty of Tordesillas?