5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fought for freedom of speech and religion
- developed experimental method
- Declaration of religious tolerance (Huguenots could live, work, and worship in France)
- Glorious Revolution!; recognized Parliament as partner in gov.; constitutional monarchy; Bill of Rights limits royal power; cabinet developed
- a What occurred during William and Mary's reign of England?
- b What was the Edict of Nantes?
- c Who was Francis Bacon?
- d Who did the Qing make a vassal state to China?
- e What were the main ideas of Voltaire?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Family rule in Central Europe -- what countries did they rule, family name
- What were the main ideas of Rousseau?
- What is absolutism?
- What is the order of dynastic rule in China from 1300s to 1700s?
- What occurred during Charles I's reign of England?
5 True/False questions
all humans naturally selfish and wicked; gov. job to keep order; people give up some rights to gain order; best gov.: absolute monarchy → What were the main ideas of Thomas Hobbes?
* → What is the lineage of the Bourbon Dynasty?
Philip of Anjou (Louis XIV's grandson) → In the war of Spanish Succession, who gained the throne of Spain?
Czar of Russia; created a secret police force (search for wife's "murderer") to kill nobles; took land from boyars (nobles) and gave to people he favored → What was the Romanov Dynasty?
Portugal, Spain, Dutch, English, French → What countries were involved in exploration?