5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- light/dark contrast; sensual
- Chinese scholar-officials complained waste of valuable resources
- linked algebra and geometry; everything doubted until proved by reason (helped advance scientific method)
- women need edu. to become useful (doctors, politics, edu=better moms)
- a Characteristics of the Enlightened Despots
- b Who was Rene Descartes?
- c Baroque art and literature during the Enlightenment
- d What were the main ideas of Mary Wollstonecraft?
- e Why were Zheng He's voyages stopped?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What wars did Louis XIV involve in?
- Who was Tycho Brahe?
- What events lead up to the American Revolution?
- What were Prince *HENRY's contributions to Portugal?
- What occurred during James II's reign of England?
5 True/False questions
people have natural rights (life, liberty, property); purpose of gov=protect natural rights and failure to do so=people have right to overthrow → What were the main ideas of John Locke?
Glorious Revolution!; recognized Parliament as partner in gov.; constitutional monarchy; Bill of Rights limits royal power; cabinet developed → What occurred during William and Mary's reign of England?
Closed Country Policy (closed Japan from all Euro. customs and ideas) → What did Newton discover?
Zheng He → Who became the first Ming emperor?
Brahe's assistant; demonstrated Brahe's data through mathematics that planets revolve around sun → Who was Johannes Kepler?