5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Simple Epithelial tissue
- Simple squamous epithelium
- Simple columnar epithelium
- Nervous tissue
- a characterized by flattened, irregulary shaped cells that form a continuous sheet.
- b composed of cells that are taller than they are wide, and the nucleus is located towards the base of the cell.
- c has only one layer of cells
- d composed of a fluid matrix.
- e composed of neurons and neuroglia (neuroglial cells)
5 Multiple choice questions
- characterized by cube-shaped cells with a nucleus that is usually round and centrally located.
- consists of a hard matrix of calcium salts; the calcium salt makes it hard.
- Four general categories of connective tissue
- contains ___cells that are closely packed; cells appear empty because fat was removed during tissue preparation. Cytoplasm and nucleus located at periphery of cell.
- cannot be distinguished because cytoplasm is unstained in tissue prep; however, nuclei are visible as dots.
5 True/False questions
Chondrocytes → consist of a cell body, dendrites, and an axon. Several Cytoplasmic processes radiate from the cell body, which holds the nucleus.
Skeletal muscle fibers → characterized by fibers that have light and dark striping or cross-striations. Each fiber is multinucleated; nuclei are located of priphery of each fiber.
Cardiac muscle fibers → have cross-striations and are branched; adjacent fibers are separated by dark-staining structures called intercalated disks; single nucleus in each cardiac muscle fiber.
Collagen fibers → appear as blue-black strands randomly arranged in the matrix.
Bone → numerous erythrocytes and few leukocytes present in matrix; some platelets scattered around.