5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dense Regular connective tissue
- Stratified Epithelial tissue
- Elastic Fibers
- Simple columnar epithelium
- a cartilage cells located within round-ovoid spaces called lacunae.
- b has several cells layers
- c contains collagen fibers that are arranged in parallel. Between fibers are flattened rodlike nuclei of fibroblasts.
- d composed of cells that are taller than they are wide, and the nucleus is located towards the base of the cell.
- e appear as blue-black strands randomly arranged in the matrix.
5 Multiple choice questions
- contains ___cells that are closely packed; cells appear empty because fat was removed during tissue preparation. Cytoplasm and nucleus located at periphery of cell.
- characterized by flattened, irregulary shaped cells that form a continuous sheet.
- contains collagen fibers, chondrocytes, and elastic fiber that are found between lacunae.
- characterized by central (Haversian) canal.
- composed of neurons and neuroglia (neuroglial cells)
5 True/False questions
Bone → Lacunae, which hold the osteocyte (bone cells), are arranged in concentric rings around the central Haversian canal.
Neuroglial cells → cannot be distinguished because cytoplasm is unstained in tissue prep; however, nuclei are visible as dots.
Bone → consists of a hard matrix of calcium salts; the calcium salt makes it hard.
Simple cuboidal epithelium → composed of cells that are taller than they are wide, and the nucleus is located towards the base of the cell.
Muscle → characterized by central (Haversian) canal.