5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cardiac muscle fibers
- Hyaline Cartilage
- Collagen fibers
- Adipose tissue
- Simple squamous epithelium
- a contains ___cells that are closely packed; cells appear empty because fat was removed during tissue preparation. Cytoplasm and nucleus located at periphery of cell.
- b appear pink.
- c characterized by flattened, irregulary shaped cells that form a continuous sheet.
- d composed of collagen and chondrocytes
- e have cross-striations and are branched; adjacent fibers are separated by dark-staining structures called intercalated disks; single nucleus in each cardiac muscle fiber.
5 Multiple choice questions
- consists of a hard matrix of calcium salts; the calcium salt makes it hard.
- cartilage cells located within round-ovoid spaces called lacunae.
- composed of a fluid matrix.
- appear as blue-black strands randomly arranged in the matrix.
- contains collagen fibers that are arranged in parallel. Between fibers are flattened rodlike nuclei of fibroblasts.
5 True/False questions
Nervous tissue → contains ___cells that are closely packed; cells appear empty because fat was removed during tissue preparation. Cytoplasm and nucleus located at periphery of cell.
Bone → numerous erythrocytes and few leukocytes present in matrix; some platelets scattered around.
Stratified Epithelial tissue → has only one layer of cells
Simple cuboidal epithelium → composed of cells that are taller than they are wide, and the nucleus is located towards the base of the cell.
Connective Tissue Proper, cartilage, bone, and blood → Four general categories of connective tissue