Upgrade to remove ads
Sec #4 Pro Sales
Terms in this set (34)
What are the 8 Classical Steps in the Buying Process?
1. Recognition (this is where you need to enter this step)
2. Definition of product
3. development of detailed specs
4. search for qualified suppliers
5. Acquisition and analysis or proposal
6. Evaluation of proposal and selection of a supplier
7. Placing and receiving the order
8. Eval of product proformance
Creeping Commitment -
The buyer has an increasingly more commitment as you work with them longer.
3 Types of Buying Decisions?
1. New Tasks
2. Straight Rebuys
3. Modified Rebuys
What is a New Task?
If it's something replacing old equipment, new innovation or new product.
What is a Straight Rebuy
or a Reorder (simple, Fast)
What is a Modified rebuys
Similar product but not something highly innovative (like going from an AT&T phone to Version or change color)
What is a Buying Center?
An informal, cross-department group of people involved in a purchase decision.
The one who uses the equipment. (Important in New task and modified rebuys)
Start the buying process and identify the need, could be a board of directors not always a person. (New Task)
Person that controls the flow of alternative and info within the buying decision.
Deciders or Economic Decision Makers
Make the "go or no go" decision.
Advisers within the company. They give insight on how they work with the buying center. Champions are the ones that "go in for you."
3 Organizational Criteria
Individual Needs of Buying Center Members
1. Human Needs (Need to like you!!)
2. Business Needs (Risk reduction, "Let me show you what we did with a customer in ___, I think it would fit your needs. They have ____just like you.")
They summarize the benefits and needs satisfied by a supplier.
Trends in Organizational Buying
1.Increase importance or purchasing agents
2. More centralize purchasing center
3. More outsourcing
4. Supply and value change management issues and management are becoming more important
5. The Internet and ecommerce are more important
6. Long-term more than short-term customer suppler relationship
Benefits - Cost
What are the 4 things that influence the Multi-Attribute Model customers purchase decision?
1. Performance Evaluation on Characteristics
2. Importance Weights
3. Overall Evaluation
4. Value offered
5 Ways to change perception?
1. Increase the performance rating of your product.
2. Decrease the rating of competitor's product.
3. Increase or decrease the importance of a weight factor.
Negotiate the weight
4. Add a new dimension. (Service, Training)
5. Decrease the price of your product.
The overall goal of communication is to What ?
Reach the Listener
The Golden Rule of Communication?
Communicate unto others in the manner in which they want to be communicated.
We practice "________ " selling, not "_______ " selling.
2 causes of communication breakdowns
1. Communication Noise (Self-Talk)
2. The Biggest cause of miscommunication is to assume that you have communicated.
How much of Verbal communication is used?
How much of NON-Verbal communication is used?
4 Keys things in Effective use of words.
1. The choice of words
2. Learn power words (Value, Productivity)
3. Painting word pictures and stories.
4. Tailor your words to the customer.
1. Rate of Speech
2. Loudness (talk soft at the begging)
6 tools to find out there Buying motive?
1. Use open ended, closed, contained or confirming Q's
2. Encourage full responses.
3. Space out the Qs (not all at once)
4. Ask, short, simple and Clear/Concise Qs
5. Avoid leading Qs ask good empathetic Qs
6. Use Qs to maintain the flow of information.
what is the 80 - 20 rule
listen 80% and talk 20% of the time
What are the first 7 keys to active listening.
1. Repeating info they said
2. Restate or rephrase information
3. Clarifying information
4. Summarize the conversation
5. Tolerating golden silences
6. Concentrate on the idea of being communicated (Nod, smile, Look)
7. Empathize, Nurture, feel what the prospect is sharing or telling.
What are the last 7 keys to active listening.
1. Thinking before you Speck
2. Interruptions during the course of the dialogue promotes the felling of competition and we are trying to bring cooperation.
3. "Listen, for suddleties"
4. Take notes
5. Be patient
6. Avoid starting questions with Why.
7. Change your Body Angle
Three Integral Steps to The Learning Conversation?
1. Open ended Q (Them)
2. Close ended / Clarifying Q's
3. Summary Q
6 areas of Body Language
1. Body Angle - Never sit face to face with a buyer 1st time. 45-degree angle. (Keep eyeball to eyeball) Always be on the Left
2. Face - Smile
3. Eye contact - Look in them eyes
4. Hand and arm movement - a lot of these is not good. Get your hands open
5. Legs - Cross them when they cross.
6. Body language patterns - neurolinguistic programming (mirroring somebody physically will promote comfort)
This set is often in folders with...
Pro Sales Sec 1
Pro sales Sec #2
Pro sales #3
Pro Sales Ch. 4
You might also like...
Marketing 335 personal selling
MKT 3310 S3 Pro Sales Exam 2 Baylor University Dr…
SPIN Selling Test 1
Other sets by this creator
marriage exam 2 words