5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Change the mind, causes user to see and hear things that aren't really there.
- b Can be used medically to treat pain but can be very addictive.
- c A chemical that is released by the axon to create a change
- d Loss of heart's ability to beat normally.
- e A neurotransmitter that initiates the Flight, Flight, or Freeze response
5 Multiple choice questions
- The tendency of a person to fall asleep at random times
- Made of household chemicals and poisons, often in labs. Has a more intense high than cocaine.
- Passed in 2005, cold medicine containing ephedrine/pseudo-ephedrine to be put behind the counter.
- Schedule 2, highly addictive, very abuse
Medical uses: Topical numbing agent
- Causes body to be deprived of oxygen and death of brain cells (permanent damage).
5 True/False questions
Schedule 5 → -Very low potential for abuse
-Prescriptions not always required
-Has accepted medical use in the US
Dendrite → A neurotransmitter that initiates the Flight, Flight, or Freeze response
Depressant → "Downers", slows central nervous system. Gives feelings of relaxation.
Reuptake Pump → Picks up the neurotransmitter on the dendrite
Synapse → Gap between two neurons