5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Uptake Receptor
- Stimulant Drugs
- Controlled Release
- Schedule 5
- a Drugs are coated to provide pain relief over time
- b Picks up the neurotransmitter on the dendrite
- c -Very low potential for abuse
-Prescriptions not always required
-Has accepted medical use in the US
- d Speeds up central nervous system. Creates feeling of energy, increased wakefulness, and loss of apatite.
- e Cocaine, methamphetamines, amphetamines
5 Multiple choice questions
- "Downers", slows central nervous system. Gives feelings of relaxation.
- The tendency of a person to fall asleep at random times
- Change the mind, causes user to see and hear things that aren't really there.
- Unintended effects, bad
- Partial or total loss of memory
5 True/False questions
Methamphetamine → "Uppers/Speed". Schedule 2.
Medical uses: Narcolepsy, Asthma, ADHD.
Recreational uses: Study aids, weight loss, performance enhancer.
Narcotics/Opiate Drugs → Cocaine, methamphetamines, amphetamines
Inhalants → Speeds up central nervous system. Creates feeling of energy, increased wakefulness, and loss of apatite.
Narcotic → Can be used medically to treat pain but can be very addictive.
Cocaine → A neurotransmitter that impacts pleasure and is released with cocaine use