5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Uptake Receptor
- Schedule 2
- Narcotics/Opiate Drugs
- a Picks up the neurotransmitter on the dendrite
- b -High potential for abuse
-Has current accepted medical use in the US with severe restrictions
-Abuse may lead to severe restrictions
- c Prescription Painkillers, Methadone, Heroin
- d Schedule 2, highly addictive, very abuse
Medical uses: Topical numbing agent
- e Loss of heart's ability to beat normally.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A neurotransmitter that improves mood an can be boosted by carb consumption
- Causes body to be deprived of oxygen and death of brain cells (permanent damage).
- Speeds up central nervous system. Creates feeling of energy, increased wakefulness, and loss of apatite.
- Schedule 1, very dangerous and addictive, no medical use.
Recreational uses: Activates opiate receptor in the brain, "Euphoric Rush"
- Synthetic opiate medication that binds to the same receptors in the brain that heroin binds to.
5 True/False questions
Dendrite → A neurotransmitter that impacts pleasure and is released with cocaine use
Dopamine → A neurotransmitter that impacts pleasure and is released with cocaine use
Expose body to toxic chemicals → Synthetic form of male testosterone. Improves physical performance, enlarge muscles, and increase strength.
Hallucinogen → Change the mind, causes user to see and hear things that aren't really there.
Stimulant Drugs → Speeds up central nervous system. Creates feeling of energy, increased wakefulness, and loss of apatite.