5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Controlled Release
- a "Date Rape". Schedule 1.
Medical uses: Sleep aids in foreign countries
Samantha Reid Date Rape Drug Act made these illegal in the U.S.
- b Receiving end of a neuron
- c Gap between two neurons
- d A neurotransmitter that improves mood an can be boosted by carb consumption
- e Drugs are coated to provide pain relief over time
5 Multiple choice questions
- Loss of heart's ability to beat normally.
- -Less abuse potential than schedules 1 and 2
-Has accepted medical use in the US
-Abuse may lead to moderate dependence
- Synthetic form of male testosterone. Improves physical performance, enlarge muscles, and increase strength.
- Prescription Painkillers, Methadone, Heroin
- -High potential for abuse
-Has current accepted medical use in the US with severe restrictions
-Abuse may lead to severe restrictions
5 True/False questions
Depressant Drugs → "Downers", slows central nervous system. Gives feelings of relaxation.
Endorphins → A neurotransmitter that causes euphoria and decreases pain
Amnesia → Decrease in the oxygen supply in the blood stream
Dopamine → A neurotransmitter that impacts pleasure and is released with cocaine use
Recreational Use of Amphetamines → Made of household chemicals and poisons, often in labs. Has a more intense high than cocaine.