5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- hydrogen bonds
- functional groups
- nucleic acids
- Vacuoles (Eukaryotic cells)
- a two types, DNA and RNA. DNA forms our genes, RNA reads the genes and helps make proteins, __________ _____ are composed of joined monomers called nucleotides. These nucleotides are composed of a sugar - deoxyribose (DNA) or ribose (RNA), a nitrogenous base (adenine, thymine, cytosine, guanine, or uracil), and a phosphate group
- b are parts of a molecule that participate in a chemical reaction
- c larger vesicles, membranous sacs that help in digestion, storage, or water removal
- d Protons, Neutrons, electrons (subatomic particles).
- e some molecules have charged areas - this makes them polar. Polar areas of molecules can bond with polar areas of other molecules to form weak bonds called hydrogen bonds, hydrogen bonds make water cohesive
5 Multiple choice questions
- number of protons
- ibers that run through the cell providing support, movement, anchorage and movement of organelles, 3 types - microfilaments, intermediate filaments, microtubules - the microtubule organizing center is called the centriole
- = glycerol + fatty acid.
are another source of energy but some may contribute to heart disease. Most plant __ are unsaturated oils and most animal __ are saturated.
- a system of interconnected membranes that run throughout the cell for synthesis, storage, and transport of products
- chain of carbon atoms in an organic molecule
5 True/False questions
Electrons → Combine to form compounds. Are formed of atoms.
Endoplasmic Reticulum (Eukaryotic cells) → a biosynthetic factory, two forms, smooth and rough - Rough - studded with ribosomes, small RNA structures where proteins are manufactured, Smooth - lack ribosomes, wall contains enzymes that make phospholipids, steroids, fatty acids, detoxify poisons, and store minerals used for muscle contraction -________ packages products in tiny sacs called transport vesicles that bud-off
Golgi Apparatus (Eukaryotic cells) → hydrolytic enzymes are manufactured by the ER sent to the Golgi for finishing and repackaging in sacs called _________, ___________ merge with food vacuoles to digest food or destroy invading organisms -Abnormal __________ can cause diseases include Tay-Sachs - inability to break down lipids resulting in damage to nerves and brain
DNA → forms our genes,
Levels of Protein structure → biosphere, ecosystem, community, population, organism, organ system, organs, tissues, cells, organelle, molecule, atom