5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Guerilla Warfare
- Women March on Versailles
- a a flag having three colored stripes (especially the French flag)
- b This was the march by the women of Paris to the home of Marie Antoinette to get Loius XVI to go back to Paris
- c hit-and-run raids used by Spanish patriots against the French
- d the right to vote
- e middle class lawyers and intellectuals
5 Multiple choice questions
- nobles and clergy that fled France during the revolution
- in the French Revolution, a radical group made up of Parisian wage-earners, and small shopkeepers who wanted a greater voice in government, lower prices, and an end of food shortages
- expelled from home or country by authority-Napoleon sent to Elba
- Austrian foreign minister who basically controlled the Congress of Vienna. Wanted to promote peace, conservatism, and the repression of libaral nationalism throughout Europe.
- Social classes in France-1:clergy 2:nobles 3: commoners
5 True/False questions
Plebiscite → Heir of Louis XIV-indecisive, bad ruler, big spender.
Congress of Vienna → powers met periodically to discuss problems affecting the peace of Europe
Jaques Necker → shrewd lawyer and politician who rose to the leadership of the Committee of Public Safety, promoted religious toleration and wanted to abolish slavery-popular with the sans-culottes
Bastille → grim medieval fortress used as a prison for political prisoners-stormed in 1789
Napoleonic Code → code of laws that embodied Enlightenment principles and equality for men. Women lost rights with this code.