5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marie Antoinette
- Congress of Vienna
- Guerilla Warfare
- a After Waterloo, the heads of the state met to restore stability in Europe-balance of power was established and protection for the monarchy
- b hit-and-run raids used by Spanish patriots against the French
- c a flag having three colored stripes (especially the French flag)
- d Queen that spent extravagantly, leading to public unrest
- e shrewd lawyer and politician who rose to the leadership of the Committee of Public Safety, promoted religious toleration and wanted to abolish slavery-popular with the sans-culottes
5 Multiple choice questions
- popular vote by ballot
- restoring hereditary monarchies that were unseated
- A time in France were 300,000 were executed under the hands of Robespierre for going against the government
- Heir of Louis XIV-indecisive, bad ruler, big spender.
- financial expert who was an advisor to Louis XIV-reformed the government and lowered tariffs
5 True/False questions
Napoleon Bonaparte → Napoleon entered Russia with many troops but the Russians retreated and burned villages, leaving the French hungry and without shelter-many French died
Sans-Culottes → grim medieval fortress used as a prison for political prisoners-stormed in 1789
Metternich → Austrian foreign minister who basically controlled the Congress of Vienna. Wanted to promote peace, conservatism, and the repression of libaral nationalism throughout Europe.
Defecit Spending → When the government spends more money than it can take in-made France in debt
Napoleon in Russia → code of laws that embodied Enlightenment principles and equality for men. Women lost rights with this code.