5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- falling action
- science fiction
- a A story including elements that are impossible such as talking animals or magical powers. Make-believe is what this genre is all about.
- b events after the climax, leading to the resolution
- c An author's use of hints or clues to suggest events that will occur later in the story
- d End of the story where loose ends are tied up
- e Fictional story that combines elements of fantasy and scientific facts. Often set in the future.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the leading character, hero, or heroine of a drama or other literary work
- a lesson taught by a literary work
- the person telling the story. Can be in 1st , 2nd, or 3rd Person
- the ability to see or show the funny side of things
- the feeling created in a reader by a literary work or passage
5 True/False questions
character → the person telling the story. Can be in 1st , 2nd, or 3rd Person
historical fiction → a story using made-up characters that could happen in real life
flashback → interruption in the present action of a plot to show events that happened at an earlier time.
fable → the writer's attitude toward his or her audience and subject
theme → the writer's attitude toward his or her audience and subject