5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- science fiction
- a interruption in the present action of a plot to show events that happened at an earlier time.
- b Fictional story that combines elements of fantasy and scientific facts. Often set in the future.
- c The reasons that cause characters to act as they do
- d the problem or problems characters face in a literary work
- e a short tale to teach a moral lesson, often with animals or inanimate objects as characters
5 Multiple choice questions
- when the narrator knows what is happening to every character, all-knowing
- the writer's attitude toward his or her audience and subject
- the leading character, hero, or heroine of a drama or other literary work
- events after the climax, leading to the resolution
- A story including elements that are impossible such as talking animals or magical powers. Make-believe is what this genre is all about.
5 True/False questions
symbol → the ability to see or show the funny side of things
humor → the ability to see or show the funny side of things
moral → a lesson taught by a literary work
setting → the writer's attitude toward his or her audience and subject
historical fiction → A fictional story that takes place in a particular time period in the past. Often the setting is real, but the characters are made up from the author's imagination.