5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- which amendment states that powers not specifically given to the federal government are reserved to the states of to the people?
- what office in the government can a naturalized citizen not hold?
- how does the preamble beign?
- in what case did the US settle for less land than it wanted?
- what two groups may propose amendments to the constitution provided there is a 2/3 majority of votes?
- a congress and state legislatures
- b presidential office
- c "we the people of the united states..."
- d oregon
- e tenth amendment
5 Multiple choice questions
- the battle of antietam
- it formend a whole new nation and stop all ties with america
- they are appointed by the president
- it goes against the constitution
5 True/False questions
why was the missouri compormise so important to the nation? → it maintained a balance of power between free states and slave states
what group was the target of the alien and sedition acts of 1798? → aliens/immigrants
which amendment insures excessive bail may not be given? → fourteenth amendment
what branch of the government has the power to pass laws? → the constitution must be head of all laws
why was the north's capture of new orleans a serious blow to the south? → separation of powers