Create an account
2. What are the three things which are necessary for evolution to occur through natural selection according to Darwin and Wallace?
- The struggle for existence
- Variation and adaption
- Survival of the fittest
4. What is "fitness" according to a biologist and how does it relate to natural selection?
- A certain quality is becoming more dominant in the future generations
- It related because in natural selection people don't influence the fitness or what the animal is going to mate with
What is a gene pool?
consists of all the genes, including all the different alleles for the different genes that are present in the population
7. What is the difference between a single gene and a polygenic trait?
Single gene- a trait controlled by only one gene
Polygenic trait- more than one trait controlled by two or more genes
form of natural selection in which individuals atone end of a distribution curve have higher fitness than individuals in the middle or at the other end of the curve
individuals near the center of distribution curve have higher fitness than individuals at either end of the curve
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together