5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Law stating that a body in motion tends to travel in a straight line unless an outside force disturbs it
- Higher-than-normal high tide during a full moon and the Sun, Earth, Moon are in a line
- Lower-than-normal high tides that occur during first and third moon and the Sun, Earth, Moon are at a 90 degree angle
- a tide that reaches maximum height for a given part of the day
- speed and direction that an object travels over a specified distance during a measured amount of time; rate of motion
4 True/False questions
Law of Universal Gravitation → Law that states that any two objects in the universe have gravity and will attract each
weight → a measure of the force of gravity on an object
mass → periodic rising and falling of the surface level of an ocean and other waters resulting from the gravitational attraction of the moon and the sun on the solid and liquid surfaces of Earth.
gravity → a force of attraction between two objects; the strength of force is due to the mass and distance between the two objects.