5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Four Properties of Weather
- Things that affect climate
- Cirrus clouds
- a Storms with strong winds and heavy rains. Occur over a large area and last a long time. Begin over the ocean but can move to shore.
- b Thin, white & feathery edges,
seen on good weather days, no rain, whispy cotton
- c blanket of air that surrounds the Earth
- d Air pressure, air moisture, temperature, air movement
- e Temperature & precipitation
5 Multiple choice questions
- Place where two air masses meet
- air movement; wind moves from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure; wind is named for th direction of which it comes Ex. North wind blows North to south
- The amount of water vapor in the air
- the pressing down of air on the Earth's surface. Gravity causes the gases to be pressed down.
- Comparison of water vapor and air temperature
5 True/False questions
Stratus cloud → Thick layer that forms a blanket over land.
Little sunlight shines through, appear gray, produce rain or snow, fog is a stratus cloud that's close to the Earth
Climate → The average weather of an area
Differ because of the way the sun's rays strike the Earth
Thunderstorms → Instrument that measures air temperature; movement of molecules
Meteorologist → Prediction of the weather. Study air pressure, temperature, wind and moisture to determine the forecast.
Thermometer → A wind vane, instrument thta measures wind speed. Has cups that turn from the wind