5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Air Pressure
- a blanket of air that surrounds the Earth
- b Instrument that measures air pressure
- c The average weather of an area
Differ because of the way the sun's rays strike the Earth
- d Place where two air masses meet
- e the pressing down of air on the Earth's surface. Gravity causes the gases to be pressed down.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Thick layer that forms a blanket over land.
Little sunlight shines through, appear gray, produce rain or snow, fog is a stratus cloud that's close to the Earth
- Strong, local storms with lightning, thunder and sometimes hail. May form when warm moist air is forced up by a front.
- Scale that shows the number for wind speed.
- Temperature & precipitation
- A wind vane, instrument thta measures wind speed. Has cups that turn from the wind
5 True/False questions
Troposphere → blanket of air that surrounds the Earth
Tornadoes → Place where two air masses meet
Thermometer → A wind vane, instrument thta measures wind speed. Has cups that turn from the wind
Wind → Place where two air masses meet
Hurricanes → Strong windstorms which have cloud shaped like funnels.