5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Four Properties of Weather
- Cumulus clouds
- Stratus cloud
- a Large, puffy, look like cotton balls, usually mean good weather, change shape, sit low in the sky.
Heavy dark cumulus clouds produce storms
- b Thick layer that forms a blanket over land.
Little sunlight shines through, appear gray, produce rain or snow, fog is a stratus cloud that's close to the Earth
- c Air pressure, air moisture, temperature, air movement
- d A wind vane, instrument thta measures wind speed. Has cups that turn from the wind
- e layer of the atmosphere closest to the Earth where most weather occurs, conditions change quickly, contains water & gases
5 Multiple choice questions
- Place where two air masses meet
- Comparison of water vapor and air temperature
- Scale that shows the number for wind speed.
- Instrument that measures air pressure
- Scientists who study the weather
Study air masses to make weather forecasts
5 True/False questions
Thunderstorms → Storms with strong winds and heavy rains. Occur over a large area and last a long time. Begin over the ocean but can move to shore.
Atmosphere → layer of the atmosphere closest to the Earth where most weather occurs, conditions change quickly, contains water & gases
Tilt of the axis & orbit of the Earth → cause the change of seasons
Precipitation → water returning to the Earth's surfact from the atmosphere (rain, snow, sleet, hail)
Climate → The average weather of an area
Differ because of the way the sun's rays strike the Earth