5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Air Pressure
- Beaufort Scale
- a The average weather of an area
Differ because of the way the sun's rays strike the Earth
- b A wind vane, instrument thta measures wind speed. Has cups that turn from the wind
- c Scale that shows the number for wind speed.
- d layer of the atmosphere closest to the Earth where most weather occurs, conditions change quickly, contains water & gases
- e the pressing down of air on the Earth's surface. Gravity causes the gases to be pressed down.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Temperature & precipitation
- Air pressure, air moisture, temperature, air movement
- The amount of water vapor in the air
- Instrument that measures air pressure
- cause the change of seasons
5 True/False questions
Hurricanes → Storms with strong winds and heavy rains. Occur over a large area and last a long time. Begin over the ocean but can move to shore.
Thunderstorms → Storms with strong winds and heavy rains. Occur over a large area and last a long time. Begin over the ocean but can move to shore.
Front → air movement; wind moves from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure; wind is named for th direction of which it comes Ex. North wind blows North to south
Wind → Place where two air masses meet
Cumulus clouds → Large, puffy, look like cotton balls, usually mean good weather, change shape, sit low in the sky.
Heavy dark cumulus clouds produce storms