5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Stratus cloud
- a Storms with strong winds and heavy rains. Occur over a large area and last a long time. Begin over the ocean but can move to shore.
- b blanket of air that surrounds the Earth
- c Scientists who study the weather
Study air masses to make weather forecasts
- d Prediction of the weather. Study air pressure, temperature, wind and moisture to determine the forecast.
- e Thick layer that forms a blanket over land.
Little sunlight shines through, appear gray, produce rain or snow, fog is a stratus cloud that's close to the Earth
5 Multiple choice questions
- Strong windstorms which have cloud shaped like funnels.
- Instrument that measures air temperature; movement of molecules
- air movement; wind moves from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure; wind is named for th direction of which it comes Ex. North wind blows North to south
- The amount of water vapor in the air
- The average weather of an area
Differ because of the way the sun's rays strike the Earth
5 True/False questions
Beaufort Scale → Scale that shows the number for wind speed.
Tilt of the axis & orbit of the Earth → cause the change of seasons
Precipitation → water returning to the Earth's surfact from the atmosphere (rain, snow, sleet, hail)
Weather → Day to day conditions in a given area
Front → Place where two air masses meet