5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- b. 5%
- ...d. Day fines are still a fairly uncommon practice in the U.S. compared to Australia and England.
- c. National institute of Justice
- b. Weapons offenders
- a. Offenders are no different than the rest of society
- a 13. All of the following statements describe day fines except?
a. Money paid to the criminal justice system based on a graduated punishment system.
b. The offender's daily earnings determine the specific dollar amount of the fine.
c. The revenue made by day fines is diverted to victim compensation funds.
d. Day fines are still a fairly uncommon practice in the U.S. compared to Australia and England.
- b 19. Corrections must always ask, "Who are offenders and what are we expected to do with them?" Which of the following statement does not reflect a way that corrections historically answered this question?
a. Offenders are no different than the rest of society
b. Offenders are uneducated and ill-trained to function in modern society
c. Offenders are out of touch with God and must repent
d. Offenders are evil and must be destroyed
- c 11. On average, prosecutors bargain away ______ of cases.
- d 4. Several organizations have contributed the adoption of standards for jails. Which of the following is NOT one of these institutions?
a. National Institute of Corrections
b. American jail association
c. National institute of Justice
d. American correctional association
- e 19. The least represented group of offenders in state prison are:
a. Property offenders
b. Weapons offenders
c. Drug offenders
d. Violent offenders
5 Multiple choice questions
- 20. All of the following are examples of the reintegration model except:
a. Therapeutic communities
b. Cognitive intervention
c. Reality therapy
d. Job placement
- 20. Methods of discipline that have been used in the Auburn system include the following except
a. The refusal to provide meals for violating prison rules
b. Flogging to maintain control over prisoners
c. Solitary confinement for violating prison rules
d. Lockstep formation to maintain control over offenders
- 6. Which of the following statements best defines all contraband?
a. Contraband can be used for escape.
b. Contraband is anything not authorized by institutional rules.
c. Contraband is anything the correctional officer says it is.
d. Contraband is weapons.
- 5. Which of the following is the primary way that offenders' whereabouts are determined?
b. Electronic monitoring
c. Video surveillance
- 1. Which of the following corrections staff has twenty-four hour contact with inmates?
5 True/False questions
b. Drugs → 11. On average (national) what percentage of expenditures is for treatment services in correctional institutions?
b. The correctional system's finite size → 9. Probationers have general conditions of probation they must meet. Which of the following conditions is NOT a general condition of probation?
a. The probationer must remain drug free.
b. The probationer cannot leave the jurisdiction with court approval.
c. The probationer must pay probation fees.
d. The probationer can possess a firearm.
c. Banning early release to institutionalized offenders... → 18. Judicial and administrative sentencing processes share common criteria in decision-making. Which of the following is not one of them?
a. The offender's past criminal record
b. The use of good time
c. Classification of the crime as aggravated, "normal," and mitigated
d. The degree of repentance demonstrated by the offender
b. Indeterminate → 3. William Penn, and the Pennsylvania Quakers, created a body of laws called the
a. A. Code of Draco
b. Great Law
c. Sumerian code
d. Hammurabic code
c. A tactic used by officers to create power in union negotiations. → 3. Probation departments have duties to perform. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
a. Increase the imposed sentence for technical violations
b. Restitution management
c. Investigate facts about the offense, offender, arrest, and technical violations
d. Prepare the Presentence Investigation Report(PSI)