5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A solution of pH 7 compared to a solution of pH 9
A. 2 times more acidic
B. 20 times more acidic
C. 20 times more basic
D. 100 times more acidic
E. 100 times more basic
- Which of the following would have glycosidic bonds?
- What type of bonds are formed by dehydration synthesis between adjacent amino acids?
- A fat is called _____ if all carbons of the fatty acid chain are single bonded to 2 other carbons and 2 hydrogens.
E. None of the choices are correct
- You are asked to make a 1M solution of Sodium Bicarbonate or Baking Soda (NaHCO3) for a DNA extraction lab. How many gram(s) of sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) should be added to 1L of water to make the required solution? Use the table of atomic masses to help you.
A. 29 g
B. 62 g
C. 84 g
D. 91.1 g
- a D. Saturated
- b D. Polysaccharides
- c C. Peptide
- d C. 84 g
- e D. 100 times more acidic
5 Multiple choice questions
- B. Adenine
- E. Have high-energy bonds between phosphates
- C. Has more H+ ions
- E. Dehydration synthesis
- A. Nucleic acids
5 True/False questions
All of the following are monosaccharides except
E. Deoxyribose → E. Prostaglandins in inflammation
The purine___ always binds with the pyrimidine__ in DNA and RNA.
A. guanine, cytosine
B. cytosine, guanine
C. adenine, guanine
D. thymine, guanine → A. guanine, cytosine
What part of a phospholipid forms hydrophobic tails?
A. Fatty acids
E. All of the choices are correct → A. Fatty acids
All of the following are lipids except
E. Triglyceride → B. Glycogen
The building blocks of an enzyme are
B. Glycerol and fatty acids
D. Phosphate, glycerol, fatty acids
E. Amino acids → B. Glycogen