5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a (adjective)causing irritation. That noise is very _________.
- b (adj.) - quiet.
For example: I couldn't hear him because he was talking too ____.
- c (adj) something bumping or shocking.
-the car accident was _____.
- d (verb) to pull behind another vehicle with a rope or chain
-The car was ______ to the nearest garage after the accident.
- e (adjective.)-very surprising, shocking, or frightening
For example:That gun shot was very ______.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (noun)a small device that makes a very high and loud sound when a person blows air through it.
The policeman blew his __________.
- (n.) - something that causes a person to be hurt, angry, or upset.
For example : No _____ , but I think you are mistaken.
- -( verb )a piece of equipment that produces a loud, high-pitched warning sound
a woman who is very attractive but also dangerous
▪ Newt imitated a police _______softly
- -(adj)having a very loud, high-pitched sound
-( verb )to make a very loud, high-pitched sound
▪ The bell _______s .
- ( verb ) - to make a low continuous humming sound like that of a bee .
- Files were ________ing around the picnic tables .
(noun ) -a low sound, as of many voices in conversation .
- We heard the ________ of the bees as we walk through the garden .
5 True/False questions
soft → -(adj)of or relating to sound, sound waves, or the speed of sound
-he concert was a ______ extravaganza.
vigilante → (verb) -to make or cause to make a loud resounding noise, as metal when struck .
- His fork _______ed against the plate .
(noun ) - a resounding metallic noise .
- He could hear the _________ of distant bells .
piercing → -(verb) to cause (an object or device, such as a bell or cell phone) to make a sound to make a sound
- She ______ a little bell.
faint → .-(adjective) lacking clarity or brightness or loudness
A ____blush came into her cheek. I could barely hear the faint sound.
defective → (ADJ) having a problem or flaw, not perfect
they will replace defective goods for free.