5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- getting under my skin
- a -bothering you
-Do not let Bob's teasing________
- b (adj) not officially allowed to meet, exist, or be used:
He was suspended for using a ________ substance
- c (adj)having a regular repeated pattern of sounds or movements.
We could hear a rhythmic drumming outside
- d -(noun) a continuous slight shaking movement
-Tryng to reduce engine______
- e (ADJ) having a problem or flaw, not perfect
they will replace defective goods for free.
5 Multiple choice questions
- --pay money that you do wrong things.
--Employers will pay a fine for each uninsured worker.
- (noun) a loud and very high cry that usually expresses extreme pain, anger, or fear
With a loud screech, she smashed the plate against the wall.
(verb) to cry out or shout in a loud and very high voice because of extreme pain, anger, fear.
I screeched when I saw the mouse.
- ( verb ) - to make a low continuous humming sound like that of a bee .
- Files were ________ing around the picnic tables .
(noun ) -a low sound, as of many voices in conversation .
- We heard the ________ of the bees as we walk through the garden .
- -( adjective ) extremely bad or unpleasant
▪ They heard the most ــــــــــ sounds.
- -(noun) a cry of sorrow and grief
-Considering his range and ____, it's amazing that Plant has a voice left at all.
-(verb) emit long loud cries
5 True/False questions
ring → -(verb) to cause (an object or device, such as a bell or cell phone) to make a sound to make a sound
- She ______ a little bell.
bang → -( verb ) to cause or allow (something, such as part of your body) to hit something in a way that makes a loud noise
▪ He accidentally ـــــــــــــــــed his knee against the door.
retaliatory → -(adj) get revenge against someone
- I planed __________ steps to defeat my rival.
jolted → (adj) something bumping or shocking.
-the car accident was _____.
frustrated → .-(adjective) very angry, discouraged, or upset because of being unable to do or complete something
I am more relaxed and not ____ anymore.