5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- drive your crazy
- a -(adj)having a very loud, high-pitched sound
-( verb )to make a very loud, high-pitched sound
▪ The bell _______s .
- b (-adj) very loud and high-pitched
--The _____ sound hurt my ears.
- c ( verb ) - to make a low continuous humming sound like that of a bee .
- Files were ________ing around the picnic tables .
(noun ) -a low sound, as of many voices in conversation .
- We heard the ________ of the bees as we walk through the garden .
- d (verb) to pull behind another vehicle with a rope or chain
-The car was ______ to the nearest garage after the accident.
- e make one mad,irritate
You are drive me crazy! Be quiet and let me study.
5 Multiple choice questions
- -( adjective ) extremely bad or unpleasant
▪ They heard the most ــــــــــ sounds.
- -(noun) a cry of sorrow and grief
-Considering his range and ____, it's amazing that Plant has a voice left at all.
-(verb) emit long loud cries
- -( verb ) to cause or allow (something, such as part of your body) to hit something in a way that makes a loud noise
▪ He accidentally ـــــــــــــــــed his knee against the door.
- (noun) a loud and very high cry that usually expresses extreme pain, anger, or fear
With a loud screech, she smashed the plate against the wall.
(verb) to cry out or shout in a loud and very high voice because of extreme pain, anger, fear.
I screeched when I saw the mouse.
- －（noun）a person who is not a police officer but who tries to catch and punish criminals.
-There are lots of________s in China to help police catch criminals.
5 True/False questions
pay a fine → --pay money that you do wrong things.
--Employers will pay a fine for each uninsured worker.
sonic → -(adj)of or relating to sound, sound waves, or the speed of sound
-he concert was a ______ extravaganza.
honk → -(verb) to make a loud sound with the car horn.
-I'm really frazzled by the sound of cars____ing their horns.
startling → (adjective.)-very surprising, shocking, or frightening
For example:That gun shot was very ______.
retaliatory → -(adj) get revenge against someone
- I planed __________ steps to defeat my rival.