5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Paschal Mystery
- Mount Siani
- Sermon on the Mount
- a where Moses recieved the 10 Commandments from God.
- b A section in Matthew's Gospel (Mt. 5:1-7:29) in which Jesus delivers the first five discourses recorded in the Gospel. The Sermon on the Mount begins with the sharing of the Beatitudes. The Beatitudes are also found in the Sermon on the Plain in Luke 6:02-26
- c From the word for "blessed," this term refers to a person who has been declared by the Church to have the ability to intercede for those who pray in his or her name. Beatification is a step toward canonized sainthood.
- d A trait of God that refers to his total otherness and being infinitely beyond and independent of creation.
- e God's love and salvation revealed through the life, passion, death, resurrection, and glorification (ascension) of Jesus Christ. The sacraments, especially the Eucharist, celebrate this great mystery of God's love
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Golden Rule is described by Jesus and recorded in Matthew 7:12: "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you."
- Eternal separation from God that results in a person's dying after freely and deliberately acting against God's will (that is, not repenting of mortal sin
- fallen world
- One of the two mountains i the immediate vicinity of the West Bank city of Nablus. The mountain is sacred to the Samaritans, who believe it to be the location chosen by YHWH for a holy temple. The mountain continues to be the center of Samaritan religion to this day.
- Latin root: pontifex - "bridge builder". originally associated with the highest leaders of any religion; now reserved for the pope
5 True/False questions
Epiphany → The feast that celebrates the mystery of Christ's manifestation as the Savior of the World.
Nativity → The Nativity of Jesus is the story of our Savior's birth in Bethlehem. Two different accounts of the Nativity are given in the New Testament, one in the Gospel of Matthew, the other in the Gospel of Luke.
oaths → The "disordered desire for or inordinate enjoyment of sexual pleasure"
disciple → The name for a fallen angel who refused to accept God or His Kingdom. Another word for the devil is Saran, or the "Evil One." The devil and other demons were at first good angels, but became evil due to their own choices and actions.
Kingdom (or reign) of God → The Golden Rule is described by Jesus and recorded in Matthew 7:12: "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you."