5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mount Gerizim
- Kingdom (or reign) of God
- a The Kingdom of God was proclaimed by Jesus and began his life, death, and Resurrection. This process has begun with Jesus and will be perfectly completed at the end of time.
- b A trait of God that refers to his total otherness and being infinitely beyond and independent of creation.
- c God's gift of friendship and life that enables us to share his life and love. Grace introduces us to the intimacy of life with the Blessed Trinity.
- d Latin root: pontifex - "bridge builder". originally associated with the highest leaders of any religion; now reserved for the pope
- e One of the two mountains i the immediate vicinity of the West Bank city of Nablus. The mountain is sacred to the Samaritans, who believe it to be the location chosen by YHWH for a holy temple. The mountain continues to be the center of Samaritan religion to this day.
5 Multiple choice questions
- From the word for "blessed," this term refers to a person who has been declared by the Church to have the ability to intercede for those who pray in his or her name. Beatification is a step toward canonized sainthood.
- A section in Matthew's Gospel (Mt. 5:1-7:29) in which Jesus delivers the first five discourses recorded in the Gospel. The Sermon on the Mount begins with the sharing of the Beatitudes. The Beatitudes are also found in the Sermon on the Plain in Luke 6:02-26
- The Golden Rule is described by Jesus and recorded in Matthew 7:12: "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you."
- fallen world
- The feast that celebrates the mystery of Christ's manifestation as the Savior of the World.
5 True/False questions
lust → The "disordered desire for or inordinate enjoyment of sexual pleasure"
Transfiguration → The mystery from Christ's life in which God's glory shone through and transformed Jesus' physical appearance while he was in the company of the Old Testament prophets Moses and Elijah. Peter, James, and John witnessed this event.
Emmanuel → God's gift of friendship and life that enables us to share his life and love. Grace introduces us to the intimacy of life with the Blessed Trinity.
Mount Siani → where Moses recieved the 10 Commandments from God.
Hell → Eternal separation from God that results in a person's dying after freely and deliberately acting against God's will (that is, not repenting of mortal sin