5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mount Gerizim
- a From the word for "blessed," this term refers to a person who has been declared by the Church to have the ability to intercede for those who pray in his or her name. Beatification is a step toward canonized sainthood.
- b God's gift of friendship and life that enables us to share his life and love. Grace introduces us to the intimacy of life with the Blessed Trinity.
- c Eternal separation from God that results in a person's dying after freely and deliberately acting against God's will (that is, not repenting of mortal sin
- d One of the two mountains i the immediate vicinity of the West Bank city of Nablus. The mountain is sacred to the Samaritans, who believe it to be the location chosen by YHWH for a holy temple. The mountain continues to be the center of Samaritan religion to this day.
- e A trait of God that refers to his total otherness and being infinitely beyond and independent of creation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Kingdom of God was proclaimed by Jesus and began his life, death, and Resurrection. This process has begun with Jesus and will be perfectly completed at the end of time.
- a follower of Jesus. The word means "learner."
- The mystery from Christ's life in which God's glory shone through and transformed Jesus' physical appearance while he was in the company of the Old Testament prophets Moses and Elijah. Peter, James, and John witnessed this event.
- Latin root: pontifex - "bridge builder". originally associated with the highest leaders of any religion; now reserved for the pope
- The Nativity of Jesus is the story of our Savior's birth in Bethlehem. Two different accounts of the Nativity are given in the New Testament, one in the Gospel of Matthew, the other in the Gospel of Luke.
5 True/False questions
oaths → Oaths are solemn, formal declarations of promise. They are false when an oath is contrary to a person's dignity or communion with the Church.
Golden Rule → The name for a fallen angel who refused to accept God or His Kingdom. Another word for the devil is Saran, or the "Evil One." The devil and other demons were at first good angels, but became evil due to their own choices and actions.
Emmanuel → a name for Jesus that means "God is with us." This is the name given to Jesus as foretold in the Old Testament and recounted to Joseph, the foster father of Jesus, in a dream.
Jericho → fallen world
Mount Siani → where Moses recieved the 10 Commandments from God.