5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Golden Rule
- a The Golden Rule is described by Jesus and recorded in Matthew 7:12: "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you."
- b The feast that celebrates the mystery of Christ's manifestation as the Savior of the World.
- c God's gift of friendship and life that enables us to share his life and love. Grace introduces us to the intimacy of life with the Blessed Trinity.
- d A trait of God that refers to his total otherness and being infinitely beyond and independent of creation.
- e a name for Jesus that means "God is with us." This is the name given to Jesus as foretold in the Old Testament and recounted to Joseph, the foster father of Jesus, in a dream.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Kingdom of God was proclaimed by Jesus and began his life, death, and Resurrection. This process has begun with Jesus and will be perfectly completed at the end of time.
- a follower of Jesus. The word means "learner."
- From the word for "blessed," this term refers to a person who has been declared by the Church to have the ability to intercede for those who pray in his or her name. Beatification is a step toward canonized sainthood.
- The Nativity of Jesus is the story of our Savior's birth in Bethlehem. Two different accounts of the Nativity are given in the New Testament, one in the Gospel of Matthew, the other in the Gospel of Luke.
- Latin root: pontifex - "bridge builder". originally associated with the highest leaders of any religion; now reserved for the pope
5 True/False questions
Paschal Mystery → God's love and salvation revealed through the life, passion, death, resurrection, and glorification (ascension) of Jesus Christ. The sacraments, especially the Eucharist, celebrate this great mystery of God's love
lust → The "disordered desire for or inordinate enjoyment of sexual pleasure"
devil → Eternal separation from God that results in a person's dying after freely and deliberately acting against God's will (that is, not repenting of mortal sin
Transfiguration → A trait of God that refers to his total otherness and being infinitely beyond and independent of creation.
Mount Siani → where Moses recieved the 10 Commandments from God.