5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to prevent from accomplishing a purpose or fulfilling a desire; to cause feelings or discouragement.
- b active, energetic, forceful.
- c odd or old-fashion in a pleasing way; clever, ingenious; skillfully made.
- d stirn, merciless; fearce, savage, cruel.
- e to trap, catch; a trap or entanglement.
5 Multiple choice questions
- unwilling, holding back.
- waiting to be settled; until.
- standing out so as to be easily seen; important, well known.
- unnamed, without the name of the person involved; unknown lacking individuality or character.
- a temporary substitute for something else; crude, flimpsy or temporary.
5 True/False questions
scrimp → stirn, merciless; fearce, savage, cruel.
dupe → a person easily tricked or deceived; to deceive.
eradicate → to root our, get rid of, dstoy completely.
prescribe → to order as a rule or course to be followed; to order for medical purposes.
inimitable → in, at, or near the edge; only barely good, large, or important enough for the purpose.