5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a standing out so as to be easily seen; important, well known.
- b to nibble, graze; to read casually; to window-shop.
- c to root our, get rid of, dstoy completely.
- d punish in return for an injury or a wrong; unusual force or violence.
- e something seen in advance; to view beforehand.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to prevent from accomplishing a purpose or fulfilling a desire; to cause feelings or discouragement.
- not capable or being copied or imitated.
- stirn, merciless; fearce, savage, cruel.
- to trap, catch; a trap or entanglement.
- in, at, or near the edge; only barely good, large, or important enough for the purpose.
5 True/False questions
dupe → stirn, merciless; fearce, savage, cruel.
utmost → to nibble, graze; to read casually; to window-shop.
reluctant → unwilling, holding back.
prescribe → to order as a rule or course to be followed; to order for medical purposes.
makeshift → a temporary substitute for something else; crude, flimpsy or temporary.