5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sixth Amendment
- Tennessee v. Garner
- Criminal Justice System
- Police Culture
- Crime Control Model
- a Deadly force is limited to protection of yourself or another.
- b the constitutional amendment designed to protect individuals accused of crimes. It includes the right to counsel, the right to confront witnesses, and the right to a speedy and public trial.
- c a distinct set of values beliefs and behaviors deemed acceptable within the law enforcement professions (authority, danger, social isolation and efficiency)
- d the system of police, courts, and prisons set up to deal with people who are accused of having committed a crime
- e A criminal justice model that places primary emphasis on the right of society to be protected from crime and violent criminals. Crime control values emphasize speed and efficiency in the criminal justice process; the benefits of lower crime rates outweigh any possible costs to individual rights.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (law) evidence sufficient to warrant an arrest or search and seizure
- discussed by Samuel Walker the model emphasizes that the system handles different kinds of cases differently; it depicts four layers. (Celebrated, Heavy Duty, Lightweight, Misdemeanors)
- The part of the law that defines crimes and specifies punishments.
- violations of natural law or as an antisocial behavior or deviance lack precision
- What act was enacted with the goal of assisting local governments in reducing the incidence of crime by increasing the effectiveness, fairness, and coordination of law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
5 True/False questions
Miranda v. Arizona → The accused must be notified of their rights before being questioned by the police
Defense Counsel → A licensed trial lawyer hired or appointed to conduct the legal defense of a person accused of a crime and to represent him or her before a court of law.
Escobedo v. Illinois → The accused must be notified of their rights before being questioned by the police
Uniform Crime Reports → 1950s, political campaign, decreased last 30 years
Exclusionary Rule → 6 elements:
1.police stay out of politics
2.police should be well trained, well disciplined, tightly organized
3.laws should be equally enforced
4.police should use new technology
5.personnel procedures should be based on merit
6.main task of police should be fighting crime