5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why did the Industrial Revolution start in Great Britain?
- What did James Watt invent?
- What did Richard Arkwright invent?
- How did Crop Rotation, the seed drill, and new crops all cause population growth?
- Factor of Production: Land
- a Natural Resources; large supply of coal, iron, and water power; many rivers for inland transportation
- b food production increased, more food means more people also lived longer so death rates were lower
- c The steam engine- was able to located factories anywhere because a boiler would heat the water into steam with a fire fueled by coal
- d Britain had all of the necessary factors of production and a stable political and social conditions that supported economic growth
- e The Water Frame- large spinning machine driven by water
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Powerloom-used water power and help to mechanize the production of cloth.
- Corn and potato
- farming was done together and everyone helped one another
- Economic Resources; had many rich merchants that were ready to invest money in the new inventions
- cheaper transportation, created lots of jobs for railroad workers and miners, boosted agricultural and fishing industries and people traveled more
5 True/False questions
What was strip farming? → a piece of land that was planted with different crops in succession so that now Farmers could farm all 4 fields at once instead of leaving one in fallow
What was the cottage industry → put seeds in rows rather than scatter them all around; was more efficient
What did the Flying Shuttle, Spinning Mule, Spinning Jenny, Water frame and power loom have on the textile industry? → cheaper transportation, created lots of jobs for railroad workers and miners, boosted agricultural and fishing industries and people traveled more
What was the 3 Field System? → put seeds in rows rather than scatter them all around; was more efficient
What was the seed drill? → Fields were divided into 3 fields one was FALLOW or left to rest and the other 2 were used for growing grains