5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why was there a need for coal and iron?
- What was the industrial Revolution?
- What was life like before the Industrial Revolution?
- What did Edmund Cartwright invent?
- What are factors of production?
- a life was centered around farming, people were self-sufficient and grew their own food, people never travelled more than 25 miles from home because transportation was SLOW
- b The Powerloom-used water power and help to mechanize the production of cloth.
- c the replacement of manual labor and hand tools by machines
- d the resources that are needed to produce goods and services, Land, Labor and Capital
- e Iron was used for farming tools, new factory machinery and railways and the steam engine was powered by coal
5 Multiple choice questions
- some people lost their land and were forced to become poor wage workers
- when the fields were divided into small strips and each farmer owned a certain number of strips and all had to plant and harvest at the same time
- The steam engine- was able to located factories anywhere because a boiler would heat the water into steam with a fire fueled by coal
- Led to the rise of factories because the new machines were too big for homes so the cottage industry came to an end; factories were located by water for power, factories attracted poor unskilled labors
- Britain had all of the necessary factors of production and a stable political and social conditions that supported economic growth
5 True/False questions
Factor of Production: Capital → Human Resources; large number of available workers
What did Richard Arkwright invent? → The Water Frame- large spinning machine driven by water
What was the impact of the Enclosure movement on villages? → the replacement of manual labor and hand tools by machines
What was the impact of the Steam Engine, Steam Boat, better roads and locomotives have on the transportation industry? → it privatized the land; people put fences around their property and strips of land were replaced with larger fields that were individually owned
How did Crop Rotation, the seed drill, and new crops all cause population growth? → food production increased, more food means more people also lived longer so death rates were lower