5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A natural liquid needed to live but is scarce in Southwest Asia.
- b An arabic word meaning God.
- c Pilgrimage made by Muslims to Mecca.
- d A territory in the Middle East on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea. Disputed with Israel.
- e A nomadic Arab shepherd of the desert.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Belief in one god.
- A monotheistic religion founded by Moses with primary teachings in the Torah.
- A monotheistic religion founded by Muhammed with teachings found in the Koran/Quran.
- The holiest city of Islam.
- The removal of salt from water to create freshwater.
5 True/False questions
Scarcity → Not enough stuff (i.e. resources) to meet demand.
Steppe → A large area of flat unforested grassland.
Petroleum → Another word for oil.
Oasis → A valley that is dry most of the year except during the rainy season.
Arabic → A fertile place in the desert where there is water and vegetation.