5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Middle East
- a A fertile place in the desert where there is water and vegetation.
- b A region east of the Mediterranean and west of Pakistan, also known as Southwest Asia.
- c Not enough stuff (i.e. resources) to meet demand.
- d A dry region that has extreme temperatures and little vegetation.
- e A god
5 Multiple choice questions
- An Arab prophet and founder of Islam.
- The parliamentary government of modern Israel.
- Pilgrimage made by Muslims to Mecca.
- Islam's holy book
- A natural liquid needed to live but is scarce in Southwest Asia.
5 True/False questions
Desalination → The removal of salt from water to create freshwater.
Petroleum → Another word for oil.
Mecca → Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
Judaism → A fertile place in the desert where there is water and vegetation.
Monotheism → Belief in one god.