6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the publication in which the FBI reports crime data
- Inquires about crime unreported by the offenders themselves without penalty.
- criminal who commits multiple offenses and is considered part of a small group of wrongdoers who are responsible for a majority of the antisocial activity in any given community
- number of persons arrested, number of crimes reported by victims/witnesses/police, and number of officers and support law enforcement specialists
- Criminal justice system is more willing to incarcerate women.
- proposition that can be tested by researchers or observers to determine if it is valid.
6 True/False questions
Part II offenses according to UCR → All crimes that do not fall into Part I offenses, usually misdemeanors and felonies.
Labeling theory (social process) → society creates crime and criminals by labeling certain behavior and certain people as deviant.
National Crime Victimization Survey → certain people and places are more likely to be subject to criminal activity because of past victimization
repeat victimization → certain people and places are more likely to be subject to criminal activity because of past victimization
Social Disorganization Theory → view criminal behavior as the result of class conflict
trait theory → appearance is to blame for crime