Upgrade to remove ads
Liberty University THEO 201 Exam 2
Terms in this set (41)
who said "if your concept of God is wrong, the more religion you get, the more dangerous you become to you and to others"
William Temple (Bishop in England)
what are the two aspects of God's character?
Greatness of God
is his moral attributes (communicable)
what are the 2 aspects in which we mis-perceive God?
1) Mysterious Maya: think you can't really know God
2) Anatomy autospy: think you know everything about God.
what does God's holiness reveal to us?
our sinfulness ("createdness")
what are the implications of God's Immanence?
1. not limited to show up, works directly
2. may use 'secular' means
3. appreciate all creation, not disrespect
4. value and learn from creation order
5. Gospel is already at work
what are the implications of God's Transcendence?
1. something far greater, but can still know
2. cannot exhaust or take for granted
3. what we know is because of his grace
4. we will never become god
5. can't command/demand; only worship.
- " the more you understand his transcendence the more you will worship him."
6. seek his guidance, rely on intervention.
Are God's incommunicable/Greatness attributes of his infinity shared with creatures, even analogically?
what are examples of God's communicable/Good attributes and who/what are they shared with?
Examples: love, power, and righteousness.
shared with: humans
what is the greatest proof of God?
define Spirituality of God
- not only physically or geographical limitations
- yahweh consistently reveals himself as the only true and living God.
- invisible (no idols)
t/f: anything that comes between you and your adoration to God is an idol
Define the Vitality
existence of God is not argued but assumed and affirmed
Define the Personality of God
- he has a mind, emotions and a will
- you CAN share his mind
- he has names!
- he functions-- he acts/engages
- you can revere, relate to and develop a relationship with him
Define the Infinity of God
- he's omni
- science (knowledge)
- potent (power-- elshaddi)
space - location
define the constancy of God
-the God of the Bible is a covenant making and covenant keeping god.
- he's unchanging
- He's Immutable
not changing his mind.
God doesn't change but OUR perceptions about him do.
Good people go to Heaven to be with God.
Good people don't go to heaven... only perfect people do
God's Greatness and his Goodness have not been clearly manifested yet
communicable means stuff can be transferred
what are God's moral attributes?
1. purity: God is holy, righteous and just.
2. integrity: God is genuine, true, and faithful
3. Charity: (love) benevolent, gracious, merciful and persistent
what is the difference between mercy and grace?
Mercy is when God DOESNT give us what we DO deserve
Grace is getting what we DONT deserve
how do you reconcile God's justice and his love
how can a good God send people to hell?
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God because God is love
What's the definition Mysterious
The finite mind cannot contain and understand concept
What is the difference of contradiction and paradox
Paradox: it appears to be contradictory but is not
Contradiction: something cannot be what it is and not be what it is at the same time and at the same way
Why is God not a contradiction?
God is one in essence and three in persona
What are the heresy about God?
Worship is transcendence or immanence?
Appreciation for science is an example transcendence or immanence?
Most quoted passage
The belief that Jesus has different essence with the father is called what?
(The Arians believe this)
The belief that before baptism Jesus was just a holy man
God appears in 3 successive modes, but only one at a time
The belief that The father's becoming incarnated and suffering as the son
You can separate the essence and personas for God
God's official righteousness/standard for all
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Theology 201 Test 1 Etzel Liberty University
Theology 201- etzel, liberty university- exam 1
THEO 201 Exam 3 Study Guide
Theology Exam 1 Dr. Gnanakan
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Theology 201 // Exam 2 // Dr. G
Doctrine Test #2
Introduction to theology quiz
Theology 1 Midterm
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
PSYCH 312 Final
Psych 354 Exam 3
Psych 341 Exam 4
GLST 220 Final Study guide