5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Harmless local layabout and drunk, who is falsely accused of a murder that Injun Joe committed.
- A boy with an imagination to rival Tom's, at start he his Tom's best friends. But by the end, Huck is probably more important to Tom.
- A great friend of Tom's, sounds like a boy to be pitied. Poor, homeless and uncared for by his drunken father, dresses in rags and scrounges for food where he can. So much energy and life.
- Tom's ex-girlfriend, whom he dumps when Becky comes to town.
- Teacher at the school, good at hitting children, but less good at actually teaching anything.
4 True/False questions
Alfred Temple → Tom and Sid's guardian. Always telling Tom off for one scrape or another, but finds it hard to be strict because she loves him too much.
Mary → Tom's cousin, who also lives with Aunt Polly.
Jim → Young black boy who lives with, and works for Aunt Polly. It's never actually said in the book, but is certainly a slave.
Tom Sawyer → A mischievous orphan with a lively imagination, a talent for persuading other people to join in his crazy schemes, and a good heart.