5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- physical change
- Solute and solvent
- a Which is the solvent with oxygen in the air?
- b a change in size, shape, or state of matter by adding or removing energy. Which type of change keeps the identity the same? Which type of change is easy to undo, because the identity has NOT been changed?
- c ability of a substance to flow like a liquid
- d How many elements occur naturally?
- e Name the parts of a solution.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Explain how the law of conservation of mass applies to a chemical change.
- device that spins liquids at high speeds to separate it into parts based on densities
- Name two compounds.
- mixture in which two or more gaseous, liquid, or solid substaces blend EVENLY throughout to appear like one
- charateristics of a substance that indicates whether it can undergo a certain chemical change
5 True/False questions
heterogeneous mixture → combination of two or more elements, compounds, or BOTH that can be separated by physical means that are NOT in a fixed proportion
flammability, reactivity with water, oxygen, acids, other substances → Name two chemical properties.
weathering → anything that has mass and volume
insoluble → unable to be dissolved
chromatography → process of separating liquids using their densities