5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Physical change - rocks are broken into smaller/different pieces, but they are still rocks; chemical change - substances dissolve in water and react with other substances in the soil, air, or water making new substances
- formation of bubbles, formation of precipitate, formation of sound, light or odor, change in color
- a ability of a substance to be pounded into thin sheets
- b What type of change is weathering and why?
- c heterogeneous mixture containing a liquid in which visible particles are large enough to settle out (insoluble). Which type of mixture has large solute, so it can be filtered out?
- d Name three clues that a chemical change has occurred.
- e How many elements are created in man-made laboratories?
5 Multiple choice questions
- substance containing only ONE type of particle (fixed composition)
- process of separating liquids using their densities
- mixture in which two or more gaseous, liquid, or solid substaces blend EVENLY throughout to appear like one
- ability of a substance to be drawn or pulled into a wire
- What kind of matter have unique sets of properties that help to aid in their identification?
5 True/False questions
color, shape, state of matter, size, density, temperature, melting point, boiling point, odor, taste, viscosity, thermal conductivity, mass, volume, malleability, ductility, solubility → Name three different physical properties
colloid → type of pure substance in which atoms of two or more elements CHEMICALLY combine in a FIXED proportion
sifting, magnetism, distillation, centrifuge, physical removal, filtration → Name two ways to separate a mixture.
granite, concrete, dry soup mix, pizza, cheese, Chex mix, trail mix, Italian dressing → Name two compounds.
physical change → change of one substance to another that has different properties than the original substance