5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- thermal conductivity
- The properties of elements are DIFFERENT than the properties of compound the elements make up.
- a How many elements are there total?
- b Which is the solvent with oxygen in the air?
- c How many elements are created in man-made laboratories?
- d ability of a substance to transfer heat from one area to another
- e Explain how the properties of elements compare to properties of a compound the elements make up.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Name two ways to separate a mixture.
- a change in size, shape, or state of matter by adding or removing energy. Which type of change keeps the identity the same? Which type of change is easy to undo, because the identity has NOT been changed?
- substance in which the solute is dissolved or substance with the greater volume (amount)
- mixture in which two or more gaseous, liquid, or solid substaces blend EVENLY throughout to appear like one
- substance that is dissolved (smaller amount)
5 True/False questions
formation of bubbles, formation of precipitate, formation of sound, light or odor, change in color → Name three clues that a chemical change has occurred.
matter → combination of two or more elements, compounds, or BOTH that can be separated by physical means that are NOT in a fixed proportion
centrifuge → device that spins liquids at high speeds to separate it into parts based on densities
weathering → process in which rocks / Earth's surface are broken into smaller pieces that vary in size
viscosity → ability of a substance to flow like a liquid