5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- colloid and suspension
- physical property
- sifting, magnetism, distillation, centrifuge, physical removal, filtration
- flammability, reactivity with water, oxygen, acids, other substances
- a Name two chemical properties.
- b Name two ways to separate a mixture.
- c How many elements are created in man-made laboratories?
- d Which type of mixture has solute large enough to scatter light?
- e any characteristic of a material that you can observe or measure without changing the IDENTITY of the material
5 Multiple choice questions
- Name two examples of heterogeneous mixtures.
- anything that has mass and volume
- How many elements occur naturally?
- Name two compounds.
- ability of a substance to be pounded into thin sheets
5 True/False questions
pure substance → able to be dissolved
by physical means → How can mixtures be separated?
pure substance → substance that is dissolved (smaller amount)
insoluble → able to be dissolved
Physical change - rocks are broken into smaller/different pieces, but they are still rocks; chemical change - substances dissolve in water and react with other substances in the soil, air, or water making new substances → What type of change is weathering and why?