5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pure substance
- heterogeneous mixture
- thermal conductivity
- a mixture in which different materials can be distinquished easily so it doesn't appear the same throughout
- b What kind of matter have unique sets of properties that help to aid in their identification?
- c ability of a substance to be drawn or pulled into a wire
- d ability of a substance to transfer heat from one area to another
- e device that spins liquids at high speeds to separate it into parts based on densities
5 Multiple choice questions
- Name the parts of a solution.
- Name two examples of colloids.
- How many elements are created in man-made laboratories?
- any characteristic of a material that you can observe or measure without changing the IDENTITY of the material
- Which is the solute with oxygen in the air?
5 True/False questions
color, shape, state of matter, size, density, temperature, melting point, boiling point, odor, taste, viscosity, thermal conductivity, mass, volume, malleability, ductility, solubility → Name three different physical properties
viscosity → ability of a substance to flow like a liquid
granite, concrete, dry soup mix, pizza, cheese, Chex mix, trail mix, Italian dressing → Name two compounds.
physical change → How can mixtures be separated?
The properties of elements are the same as the properties of a mixture of the elements → Explain how the properties of elements compare to properties of a compound the elements make up.