5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- King John I
- Martin Luther
- Florence Traders
- a A period of rebirth because it renewed interest in the achievements of ancient times and it made people feel more confident in their abilities and possibilities
- b Traveled far for things such as spices and silk.
- c Was the King of England who was forced to sign the Magna Carta because of his cruel behavior and abuse of his absolute power.
- d a German monk who became one of the most famous critics of the Roman Catholic Chruch. In 1517, he wrote 95 theses, or statements of belief attacking the church practices.
- e made his court a center of learning by filling it with scholars, poets and musicians.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Gained it's wealth through banking and trading
- the royal charter of political rights given to rebellious English barons by King John in 1215
- the cultural movement of the Renaissance that raised questions about traditional beliefs
- Revolutionized communications by developing a printing press
- Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543)
5 True/False questions
Knight → Marks graduation by fasting and prayer the night before ceremony
Feudalism → Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
Nobles → people from rich and powerful families
Petrarch → begins at age 7
Troubadours → people from rich and powerful families