5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Florence Traders
- King John I
- a Traveled far for things such as spices and silk.
- b Found his models and inspiration for his writing in classical literature
- c Italian Renaissance sculpture, painter, poet and architect
- d made his court a center of learning by filling it with scholars, poets and musicians.
- e Was the King of England who was forced to sign the Magna Carta because of his cruel behavior and abuse of his absolute power.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Queen of England from 1558 to 1603. English renaissance flourished during her reign.
- Revolutionized communications by developing a printing press
- the royal charter of political rights given to rebellious English barons by King John in 1215
- Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
- invaders from scandinavia who sacked european towns
5 True/False questions
Charlemagne → Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
Renaissance → A period of rebirth because it renewed interest in the achievements of ancient times and it made people feel more confident in their abilities and possibilities
Squire → business associations that dominated medieval towns; they passed laws, levied taxes, built protective walls for the city, etc. Made rules that set quality and training standards
Spanish Armada → the cultural movement of the Renaissance that raised questions about traditional beliefs
craft worker → a German monk who became one of the most famous critics of the Roman Catholic Chruch. In 1517, he wrote 95 theses, or statements of belief attacking the church practices.