5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Johannes Gutenberg
- King John I
- a invaders from scandinavia who sacked european towns
- b made his court a center of learning by filling it with scholars, poets and musicians.
- c Revolutionized communications by developing a printing press
- d Found his models and inspiration for his writing in classical literature
- e Was the King of England who was forced to sign the Magna Carta because of his cruel behavior and abuse of his absolute power.
5 Multiple choice questions
- home-based, family-owned and run, with the father making goods and family members helping in making and selling of goods
- the Spanish fleet that attempted to invade England, ending in disaster, due to the raging storm in the English Channel as well as the smaller and better English navy led by Francis Drake. This is viewed as the decline of Spains Golden Age, and the rise of England as a world naval power.
- medieval poet and musician who sang or recited while accompanying himself on a stringed instrument
- the cultural movement of the Renaissance that raised questions about traditional beliefs
- Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
5 True/False questions
Nobles → people from rich and powerful families
Florence Traders → medieval poet and musician who sang or recited while accompanying himself on a stringed instrument
Guilds → people from rich and powerful families
Troubadours → business associations that dominated medieval towns; they passed laws, levied taxes, built protective walls for the city, etc. Made rules that set quality and training standards
Middle Ages → made his court a center of learning by filling it with scholars, poets and musicians.