5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Martin Luther
- stages in knights training
- Leonardo DaVinci
- a Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
- b renaissance artist, inventor and scientist who created Mona Lisa
- c Formed western europe into a new empire and spread christianity.
- d page, squire, knight
- e a German monk who became one of the most famous critics of the Roman Catholic Chruch. In 1517, he wrote 95 theses, or statements of belief attacking the church practices.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Traveled far for things such as spices and silk.
- invaders from scandinavia who sacked european towns
- the Spanish fleet that attempted to invade England, ending in disaster, due to the raging storm in the English Channel as well as the smaller and better English navy led by Francis Drake. This is viewed as the decline of Spains Golden Age, and the rise of England as a world naval power.
- Was the King of England who was forced to sign the Magna Carta because of his cruel behavior and abuse of his absolute power.
- people from rich and powerful families
5 True/False questions
John Calvin → the royal charter of political rights given to rebellious English barons by King John in 1215
Renaissance → A period of rebirth because it renewed interest in the achievements of ancient times and it made people feel more confident in their abilities and possibilities
Middle Ages → Italian Renaissance sculpture, painter, poet and architect
Michelangelo → Italian Renaissance sculpture, painter, poet and architect
duties of a serf → work the land, pay rent and taxes to their master and ask for permission to marry