5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Florence Traders
- a short church ceremony, marked taking this step. Blessed by a priest and given a sword and a belt
- b made his court a center of learning by filling it with scholars, poets and musicians.
- c begins at age 7
- d A period of rebirth because it renewed interest in the achievements of ancient times and it made people feel more confident in their abilities and possibilities
- e Traveled far for things such as spices and silk.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
- business associations that dominated medieval towns; they passed laws, levied taxes, built protective walls for the city, etc. Made rules that set quality and training standards
- Marks graduation by fasting and prayer the night before ceremony
- medieval poet and musician who sang or recited while accompanying himself on a stringed instrument
- page, squire, knight
5 True/False questions
Charlemagne → Formed western europe into a new empire and spread christianity.
Copernicus → Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543)
Troubadours → travleing performers singing about chivalriss deeds performed by knights for ladies
Queen Elizabeth I → Queen of England from 1558 to 1603. English renaissance flourished during her reign.
Martin Luther → home-based, family-owned and run, with the father making goods and family members helping in making and selling of goods