5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Medici Family
- Johannes Gutenberg
- stages in knights training
- a Gained it's wealth through banking and trading
- b Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
- c travleing performers singing about chivalriss deeds performed by knights for ladies
- d page, squire, knight
- e Revolutionized communications by developing a printing press
5 Multiple choice questions
- Marks graduation by fasting and prayer the night before ceremony
- Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
- medieval poet and musician who sang or recited while accompanying himself on a stringed instrument
- Traveled far for things such as spices and silk.
- Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543)
5 True/False questions
Charlemagne → Formed western europe into a new empire and spread christianity.
Nobles → business associations that dominated medieval towns; they passed laws, levied taxes, built protective walls for the city, etc. Made rules that set quality and training standards
Queen Elizabeth I → Queen of England from 1558 to 1603. English renaissance flourished during her reign.
Petrarch → Found his models and inspiration for his writing in classical literature
King John I → Was the King of England who was forced to sign the Magna Carta because of his cruel behavior and abuse of his absolute power.