5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Calvin
- Middle Ages
- Magna carta
- Spanish Armada
- a Clergyman in Geneva, Switzerland and preached and wrote about a severe form of Christianity. He drew up stern laws both for his followers and for city government.
- b medieval poet and musician who sang or recited while accompanying himself on a stringed instrument
- c Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
- d the royal charter of political rights given to rebellious English barons by King John in 1215
- e the Spanish fleet that attempted to invade England, ending in disaster, due to the raging storm in the English Channel as well as the smaller and better English navy led by Francis Drake. This is viewed as the decline of Spains Golden Age, and the rise of England as a world naval power.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543)
- travleing performers singing about chivalriss deeds performed by knights for ladies
- invaders from scandinavia who sacked european towns
- people from rich and powerful families
- Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
5 True/False questions
Knight → Marks graduation by fasting and prayer the night before ceremony
Michelangelo → Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
Medici Family → Gained it's wealth through banking and trading
King John I → Was the King of England who was forced to sign the Magna Carta because of his cruel behavior and abuse of his absolute power.
Johannes Gutenberg → Revolutionized communications by developing a printing press