5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Middle Ages
- Magna carta
- stages in knights training
- a the royal charter of political rights given to rebellious English barons by King John in 1215
- b Formed western europe into a new empire and spread christianity.
- c Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543)
- d page, squire, knight
- e Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
5 Multiple choice questions
- travleing performers singing about chivalriss deeds performed by knights for ladies
- people from rich and powerful families
- invaders from scandinavia who sacked european towns
- Queen of England from 1558 to 1603. English renaissance flourished during her reign.
- a German monk who became one of the most famous critics of the Roman Catholic Chruch. In 1517, he wrote 95 theses, or statements of belief attacking the church practices.
5 True/False questions
Johannes Gutenberg → a German monk who became one of the most famous critics of the Roman Catholic Chruch. In 1517, he wrote 95 theses, or statements of belief attacking the church practices.
Squire → short church ceremony, marked taking this step. Blessed by a priest and given a sword and a belt
Humanism → Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
John Calvin → Clergyman in Geneva, Switzerland and preached and wrote about a severe form of Christianity. He drew up stern laws both for his followers and for city government.
Leonardo DaVinci → renaissance artist, inventor and scientist who created Mona Lisa