5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- stages in knights training
- a people from rich and powerful families
- b travleing performers singing about chivalriss deeds performed by knights for ladies
- c business associations that dominated medieval towns; they passed laws, levied taxes, built protective walls for the city, etc. Made rules that set quality and training standards
- d page, squire, knight
- e Italian Renaissance sculpture, painter, poet and architect
5 Multiple choice questions
- Clergyman in Geneva, Switzerland and preached and wrote about a severe form of Christianity. He drew up stern laws both for his followers and for city government.
- the Spanish fleet that attempted to invade England, ending in disaster, due to the raging storm in the English Channel as well as the smaller and better English navy led by Francis Drake. This is viewed as the decline of Spains Golden Age, and the rise of England as a world naval power.
- Marks graduation by fasting and prayer the night before ceremony
- Found his models and inspiration for his writing in classical literature
- Was the King of England who was forced to sign the Magna Carta because of his cruel behavior and abuse of his absolute power.
5 True/False questions
Humanism → Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
vikings → invaders from scandinavia who sacked european towns
Feudalism → Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
Johannes Gutenberg → Revolutionized communications by developing a printing press
Middle Ages → Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's