5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- INF Treaty
- Baby Boom
- New Federalism
- Alliance for Progress
- a US foreign-aid program of 1960s, providing economic and technical assistance to Latin American countries.
- b Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, 1987 agreement between US and USSR that eliminated some weapons systems & allowed for on-site inspection of military installations.
- c Unprecedented population explosions between 1946 and 1964.
- d An organization of Vietnamese Communists and other nationalist groups that between 1946 and 1954 fought for Vietnamese independence from the French.
- e Nixon's program to turn over part of federal govt. power to state/local govts.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a law enacted during Carter admin, established a tax on gas-guzzling cars, removed price controls on US oil and natural gas, and provided tax credits for development of alternative energy sources.
- Countries dependent upon and dominated by the Soviet Union. (Albania, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, and Poland.
- Belonging to the leftist group that overthrew the Nicaraguan government in 1979.
- Communist group that seized power in Cambodia in 1975
- A company that offers similar products or services in many locations
5 True/False questions
Students for a Democratic Party → ran against Johnson (platform to end war).
Warsaw Pact → A military alliance formed in 1955 by the Soviet Union and its Eastern European satellites.
Civil Rights Act of 1968 → law that banned discrimination in housing.
Sit-ins → form of demonstration used by African Americans
Family Assistance Plan → a welfare-reform proposal approved by the House of Representatives in 1970 but defeated in the Senate; that would have guaranteed an income to welfare recipients who agreed to undergo job training and to accept work.