5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Supply-Side Economics
- Brown v. Board of Education
- Reverse Discrimination
- Joseph McCarthy
- a the open discussion of social problems that was permitted in the USSR in the 1980s.
- b Charged communists were taking over the government.
- c 1954 case in which the Supreme Court rules that "separate but equal" education for black and white student was unconstitutional.
- d an unfair treatment of members of a majority group.
- e The idea that a reduction of tax rates will lead to increases in jobs, savings, and investments, therefore to an increase in government revenue.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, 1987 agreement between US and USSR that eliminated some weapons systems & allowed for on-site inspection of military installations.
- Condemned by the French to death in 1930 for his rebellious activity. Fled Vietnam that year and throughout the 1930s, he orchestrated Vietname's growing independence movement from exile in the Soviet Union and later from China.
- a 1991 military operation in which UN forces, led by the US, drove iraqi invaders from Kuwait..
- law enacted in 1964 that provided funds for youth programs antipoverty measures, small-business loans, and job training.
- antiestablishment New Left organization in a 1964 clash between student and administrators at UC Berkeley.
5 True/False questions
Trade Imbalance → a situation in which a country imports more goods than it exports.
Dr. Benjamin Spock → Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care; mothers to be at home.
Satellite Nations → Countries dependent upon and dominated by the Soviet Union. (Albania, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, and Poland.
Marshall Plan → A military alliance formed in 1955 by the Soviet Union and its Eastern European satellites.
Geneva Accords → a 1954 peace agreement that divided Vietnam into Communist-controlled North Vietnam and non-Communist South Vietnam until unification elections could be held in 1956