5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Peace Corps
- Joseph McCarthy
- Taiwan (Formosa)
- Berlin Airlift
- Operation Desert Storm
- a a 1991 military operation in which UN forces, led by the US, drove iraqi invaders from Kuwait..
- b an agency est. in 1961 to provide volunteer assistance to developing nations in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- c - Island to the east of mainland China, where Chiang and his government and army fled.
- d Charged communists were taking over the government.
- e A 327-day operation in which US and British planes flew food and supplies into West Berlin after the Soviets blockaded the city in 1948.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a 1963 treaty in which the US and USSR agreed not to conduct nuclear-weapons tests in the atmosphere.
- a scandal arising from the Nixon admin.'s attempt to cover up its involvement in the 1972 break-in at the Democratic National Committee headquarters in the Watergate apartment
- A proposed defense system, intended to protect the United States against missile attacks. (AKA Star Wars)
- The program proposed by Secretary of State George Marshall in 1947, under which the US supplied economic aid to European nations to help them rebuild after WWII.
- antiestablishment New Left group, 1960, called for greater individual freedom and responsibility.
5 True/False questions
War Powers Act → a law enacted in 1973, limiting a president's right to send troops into battle without consulting congress.
Medicaid → form of demonstration used by African Americans
Dr. MLK Jr. → Pastor of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church, elected to lead the Montgomery Improvement Association to organize a boycott
Tonkin Gulf Resolution → An economic condition marked by both inflation and high unemployment.
Moral Majority → a name given by Nixon to moderate, mainstream Americans who quietly supported his Vietnam war policies.