5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Committee to Reelect the President
- Operation Desert Storm
- Students for a Democratic Party
- a antiestablishment New Left group, 1960, called for greater individual freedom and responsibility.
- b an organization formed to run Nixon's 1972 reelection campaign, which was linked to the Watergate scandal.
- c Nicaraguan rebels who received assistance for the Reagan Admin in their efforts to overthrow the sandinista Government in the 1980s.
- d which was advocated by Henry Kissinger in the Nixon admin that involves dealing with other nations in a practical and flexible way rather than according to a rigid policy.
- e a 1991 military operation in which UN forces, led by the US, drove iraqi invaders from Kuwait..
5 Multiple choice questions
- The idea that a reduction of tax rates will lead to increases in jobs, savings, and investments, therefore to an increase in government revenue.
- 1965, hospital insurance and low-cost medical insurance to Americans aged 65+
- Vietminh overran the French outpost at Dien Bien Phu.
- One of the civil rights activists who rode buses through the South in the early 1960s to challenge segregation.
- law that made it easier for A.A. to register to vote by eliminating discriminatory literary tests and authorizing federal examiners to enroll voters denied at the local level.
5 True/False questions
Sit-ins → One of the unconventional, nonmaterialistic followers of the beat movement of the 1950s.
OPEC → disease (virus) that weakens immune system, makes body prone to infections/cancer.
Freedom Summer → 1964 project to register African Americans voters in Mississippi
Black Panthers → Hired hands, Mexican, allowed into US to harvest crops
Containment → Condemned by the French to death in 1930 for his rebellious activity. Fled Vietnam that year and throughout the 1930s, he orchestrated Vietname's growing independence movement from exile in the Soviet Union and later from China.