5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a (antiquity) a temple to all the gods
- b Roman historian whose history of Rome filled 142 volumes (of which only 35 survive) including the earliest history of the war with Hannibal (59 BC to AD 17)
- c In ancient Rome, the supreme governing body, originally made up only of aristocrats.
- d (architecture) a masonry construction (usually curved) for spanning an opening and supporting the weight above it Romans created
- e A Roman historian who presented the facts accurately. He wrote about the good and the bad of imperial Rome in his Annals and Histories.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Roman lyric poet said to have influenced English poetry (65-8 BC)
- When Caesar reentered Italy with his legions throwing Rome into a civil war. Point of no return
- Senate for Plebeians
- Two officials from the patrician class were appointed each year of the Roman Republic to supervise the government and command the armies
5 True/False questions
Aqueduct → a structure that carries water over long distances
Pax Romana → the Roman peace
476 CE → Roman Republic begins when Romeans overthrow the Etruscans
Dome → a hemispherical vault supported on columns or walls
Indemnity → In ancient Rome, the supreme governing body, originally made up only of aristocrats.