5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 476 CE
- a elected to help consuls, commanded armies in times of war and oversaw legal system in times of peace
- b called on upperclass Romans to work together to make Rome a better place and wanted the Romans to give more support to the Senate and to restore checks and balances on government
- c Roman historian whose history of Rome filled 142 volumes (of which only 35 survive) including the earliest history of the war with Hannibal (59 BC to AD 17)
- d (antiquity) a temple to all the gods
- e Fall of western Roman Empire ureffered to as the ate Roman Empire falls
5 Multiple choice questions
- lower class in Rome, usually small farmers
- notion that democracy depended on unselfish commitment to the public good
- Roman name for Carthaginians meaning "Phoenicians"
- Roman lyric poet said to have influenced English poetry (65-8 BC)
- an official, usually a former consul, who acted as governor or military commander of a province, and who had powers similar to those of a consul.
5 True/False questions
Etruscans → the wealthy class in Roman society; landowners
Pax Romana → the wealthy class in Roman society; landowners
First and Second Triumvirate → First Triumvirate - Caesar joined with Crassus and Pompey.
Second - Octavian, Antony, and Lepidus.
Colosseum → Two officials from the patrician class were appointed each year of the Roman Republic to supervise the government and command the armies
Barbarian Invasion → Tribes come into Roman Empire. Gaul is the kingdom of the Franks