5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Civic Virtue
- Barrel Vault
- 509 BCE
- a an official, usually a former consul, who acted as governor or military commander of a province, and who had powers similar to those of a consul.
- b Roman Republic begins when Romeans overthrow the Etruscans
- c the simplest form of vault consisting of an unbroken series of arches; it forms a tunnel like shape Romans first to do
- d (architecture) a masonry construction (usually curved) for spanning an opening and supporting the weight above it Romans created
- e notion that democracy depended on unselfish commitment to the public good
5 Multiple choice questions
- lower class in Rome, usually small farmers
- elected to help consuls, commanded armies in times of war and oversaw legal system in times of peace
- A Roman historian who presented the facts accurately. He wrote about the good and the bad of imperial Rome in his Annals and Histories.
5 True/False questions
Senate → In ancient Rome, the supreme governing body, originally made up only of aristocrats.
Colosseum → a large amphitheater built in Rome around ad 70; site of the contest and combats between people and animals
Pantheon → In ancient Rome, the supreme governing body, originally made up only of aristocrats.
476 CE → Fall of western Roman Empire ureffered to as the ate Roman Empire falls
Indemnity → In ancient Rome, the supreme governing body, originally made up only of aristocrats.