5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 476 CE
- Barrel Vault
- a Fall of western Roman Empire ureffered to as the ate Roman Empire falls
- b lower class in Rome, usually small farmers
- c Roman lyric poet said to have influenced English poetry (65-8 BC)
- d Roman name for Carthaginians meaning "Phoenicians"
- e the simplest form of vault consisting of an unbroken series of arches; it forms a tunnel like shape Romans first to do
5 Multiple choice questions
- A Roman historian who presented the facts accurately. He wrote about the good and the bad of imperial Rome in his Annals and Histories.
- Tribes come into Roman Empire. Gaul is the kingdom of the Franks
- the Roman peace
5 True/False questions
Livy → Roman historian whose history of Rome filled 142 volumes (of which only 35 survive) including the earliest history of the war with Hannibal (59 BC to AD 17)
Twelve Tables → lower class in Rome, usually small farmers
Assembly of Tribes → Senate for Plebeians
Octavian → Julius Caesar's grandnephew, later known as Augustus. By defeating Mark Antony, he gained rule of all roman lands. He was Rome's first true emperor.
Consuls → Two officials from the patrician class were appointed each year of the Roman Republic to supervise the government and command the armies