5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Punic Wars
- a (architecture) a masonry construction (usually curved) for spanning an opening and supporting the weight above it Romans created
- b a large amphitheater built in Rome around ad 70; site of the contest and combats between people and animals
- c an indifference to pleasure or pain
- d a Roman poet
- e A series of three wars between Rome and Carthage (264-146 B.C.); resulted in the destruction of Carthage and Rome's dominance over the western Mediterranean.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A Roman historian who presented the facts accurately. He wrote about the good and the bad of imperial Rome in his Annals and Histories.
- Fall of western Roman Empire ureffered to as the ate Roman Empire falls
- In ancient Rome, the supreme governing body, originally made up only of aristocrats.
- Tribes come into Roman Empire. Gaul is the kingdom of the Franks
- (n.) a payment for damage or loss
5 True/False questions
Augustus → A Roman historian who presented the facts accurately. He wrote about the good and the bad of imperial Rome in his Annals and Histories.
Plebeians → the wealthy class in Roman society; landowners
Patricians → the wealthy class in Roman society; landowners
Etruscans → the group of people who ruled Rome before Romans revolted
Edict of Milan → Julius Caesar's grandnephew, later known as Augustus. By defeating Mark Antony, he gained rule of all roman lands. He was Rome's first true emperor.