6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the first primate ancestor; also, a group of living primates that includes lorises and lemurs, 55 million years ago
- a cell that does not have a nucleus or any other membrane-covered organelles; also called a bacterium
- the period in the geologic time scale beginning about 248 million years ago and lasting about 183 million years ago- called Age of the Reptiles. Dinosaurs, marine lizards, birds, cone-bearing trees, and starting flower bearing plants.
- a species of hominid that lived in Europe and Western Asia from 230,000 years ago to about 30,000 years ago
- determining whether an event or object, such as a fossil, is older or younger than other events or objects
- prokaryotic cells and then cyanobacteria
5 True/False questions
Cro-Magnons → a species of humans with modern features that may have migrated out of Africa 100,000 years ago and eventually into every continent
Cenozoic Era → the period in the geologic time scale beginning about 65 million years ago and continuing until the present day- most fossils from this era. Many mammals, birds, insects, and flowering plants. Humans and their ancestors are in this era
Absolute Dating → determining whether an event or object, such as a fossil, is older or younger than other events or objects
What are the characteristics of primates? → prokaryotic cells and then cyanobacteria
Paleozoic Era → the period in the geologic time scale beginning about 540 million years ago and ending about 248 million years ago- fish, sponges, corals, snails, clams, squids, and trilobites were abundant. Plants, fungi, and aerobic organisms colonized on land. Creepers began to crawl on land.