5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- montreal protocol
- Chlorofluorcarbons (CFC's)
- relative humidity
- secondary pollutants
- a One of the group of human made organic compunds derived from simple hydrocarbons, in which hydrogen atoms are replayed by chlorine, bromine, or flourine. deplete the ozone layer
- b the bottomost layer, blankets earths surface and provides us the air we need to live
- c signatory nations agreed to cut CFC production in half
- d the ratio of water vapor a given volume of air contains at a given temperature
- e Harmful substances produced when primary pollutants interact or react with contituents of the atmosphere
5 Multiple choice questions
- The bounsry along which a mass of warmer, moister air replaces a mass of colder, drier air.
- The pattern of atmospheric conditions found accross large geoographic regions over long periods of time
- 1970- legislation set stricter standards for air quality, imposed limits on emissions from new stationary and mobile sources etc.
1990- sought to strengthen regulations pertaining to air quality standards, auto emissins, toxic air pollution etc.
- extends 11-50 km above sea level, level above troposphere and below mesosphere
- Technology to chemically treat gas produced in combustion to remove hazardous components and neutralize acidic gases, turning them into water and aslt, in order to reduce smokestack emissions
5 True/False questions
Radon → A highly toxic, radioactive, colorless gas that seeps up from the ground in areas with certin types of bedrock and can build up inside basements and homes with poor air circulation
Low-pressure system → contains air that moves outward away from a center of the system and spirals upward
industrial smog → When coal or oil is burned, some portion is completly combusted, forming CO2
thermal inversion → a departure from the normal temperature distribution in the atmosphere, in which a pocket of relavitevly cold air occurs near the ground, with warmer air above it.
Tropospheric ozone → A secondary pollutant, a major component of smog, colorless gas