5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Coriolis effect
- High-pressure system
- primary pollutants
- warm front
- acidic depositions
- a The apparent deflection of north-south air currents to a partly east-west direction, caused by the faster spin if regions near the equator than of regions near the poles as a result of earth's rotation
- b pollutants emitted into the troposphere in a from that can be directly harmful or that can react to form harmful substances
- c The bounsry along which a mass of warmer, moister air replaces a mass of colder, drier air.
- d contains air that moves outward away from a center of the system and spirals upward
- e The settling of acidic or acid-forming pollutants from the atmosphere onto earth's surface.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a highly reactive, foul smelling reddish brown gas that contributes to smog and acid precipitation.
- signatory nations agreed to cut CFC production in half
- the bottomost layer, blankets earths surface and provides us the air we need to live
- is formed through light-driven chemical reactions of primary pollutants and normal atmospheric compounds that produce a mix of over100 different chemicals.
- extends 11-50 km above sea level, level above troposphere and below mesosphere
5 True/False questions
ozone layer → atmospheric conditions over short time periods, typically hours or days, and within relatively small gergraphic areas
Radon → a heavy metal that enters the atmosphere as a particular pollutant. Help improve engim=nge preformance.
Sulfur dioxide → a colorless gas, has a pungent odor. Usually results from combustion of coal.
Climate → a heavy metal that enters the atmosphere as a particular pollutant. Help improve engim=nge preformance.
Weather → atmospheric conditions over short time periods, typically hours or days, and within relatively small gergraphic areas