5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- secondary pollutants
- atmospheric pressure
- warm front
- Clean air act of 1970 &1990
- a The bounsry along which a mass of warmer, moister air replaces a mass of colder, drier air.
- b mearures the force per unit area produced by a column of air
- c the bottomost layer, blankets earths surface and provides us the air we need to live
- d Harmful substances produced when primary pollutants interact or react with contituents of the atmosphere
- e 1970- legislation set stricter standards for air quality, imposed limits on emissions from new stationary and mobile sources etc.
1990- sought to strengthen regulations pertaining to air quality standards, auto emissins, toxic air pollution etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- thr boundry along which a colder, drier air mass displaces a warmer, moister air mass
- carbon-containing chemical used in a =nd emitted by vehicle engines and a wide cariety of solvents and industrial processes, as well as by many household chemical and consumer items.
- a colorless gas, has a pungent odor. Usually results from combustion of coal.
- One of the group of human made organic compunds derived from simple hydrocarbons, in which hydrogen atoms are replayed by chlorine, bromine, or flourine. deplete the ozone layer
- a departure from the normal temperature distribution in the atmosphere, in which a pocket of relavitevly cold air occurs near the ground, with warmer air above it.
5 True/False questions
acidic depositions → pollutants emitted into the troposphere in a from that can be directly harmful or that can react to form harmful substances
Radon → a heavy metal that enters the atmosphere as a particular pollutant. Help improve engim=nge preformance.
convective circulation → the ratio of water vapor a given volume of air contains at a given temperature
Climate → a heavy metal that enters the atmosphere as a particular pollutant. Help improve engim=nge preformance.
Lead → A highly toxic, radioactive, colorless gas that seeps up from the ground in areas with certin types of bedrock and can build up inside basements and homes with poor air circulation