5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- (Samuel) Gompers
- (Sam) Jones
- vertical integration
- a advocates collective or government ownership of the means of production
- b leader of the American Federation of Labor (AFL)
- c controlling every aspect of production
- d Republicans who favored high tariffs, hard money, and the spoils system
- e "The Moody of the South", urban evangelist in the South
5 Multiple choice questions
- Republican presidential nominee in 1884
- a naturalist, who wrote "Call of the Wild"
- Democratic presidential nominee in 1896, called "the Great Commoner"
- a court order
- a naturalist, wrote "Maggie: A Girl in the Streets" and "The Red Badge of Courage"
5 True/False questions
Carnegie → organization founded to encourage social contacts and scientific methods of farming
gospel song → a sacred tune that is less formal than a hymn and has a more popular, easily sung melody
Vanderbilt → steel production
"melting pot" → new immigrants to the United States, which primarily were from Southern and Eastern Europe, and from the Orient
"New Immigration" → new immigrants to the United States, which primarily were from Southern and Eastern Europe, and from the Orient