5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Amelia Earheart
- Archduke Ferdinand of Austria
- Shell Shock
- a Temporary shock that can happen to anyone, caused by bombardments.
- b Was a noted American aviation pioneer, and author. This woman was the first woman to attain the Distinguished Flying Cross, awarded for becoming the first aviatrix to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. She set for many other records, wrote best-selling books about her flying experiences, and was an instrumental in the formation of The Ninety-Nines, an organization for female pilots. During an attempt to make a circumnavigational flight of the globe in 1937, she disappeared over the central Pacific Ocean near Howland Island.
- c This man was an Archduke of Austria-Este, Austro Hungarian and Royal Prince of Hungary and Bohemia, and from 1889 until his death, heir presumptive to the Austro-Hungarian throne. His assassination in Sarajevo precipitated Austria-Hungary's declaration of war against Serbia. This caused countries allied with Serbia to declare war on each other, starting World War I.
- d What the American soldiers called themselves, because white clay dust covered their skin when marching.
- e The new type of women, who became more independent. They broke the traditional behavior patterns, and changed their views on courtship rituals, marriage, and child rearing.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Part of Germany's Central powers.
- Was an American aviator, author, inventor and explorer.
- British passenger boat sunk by a German submarine that claimed 1,000 lives. One of the main reasons America decided to join the war.
- This was one of the peace treaties at the end of World War I. It ended the state of war between Germany and the Allied Powers. it was signed on June 28, 1919, exactly five years after the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
- The 28th president of the United States. He created the League of Nations, though he failed to get America involved.
5 True/False questions
Speakeasy → The new type of women, who became more independent. They broke the traditional behavior patterns, and changed their views on courtship rituals, marriage, and child rearing.
Lafayette Flying Corps → Was a United States soldier, famous as a World War I hero. He was awarded the Medal of Honor for leading an attack on a German machine gun nest, taking 32 machine guns, killing 28 German soldiers and capturing 132 others.
Alvin York → Was a United States soldier, famous as a World War I hero. He was awarded the Medal of Honor for leading an attack on a German machine gun nest, taking 32 machine guns, killing 28 German soldiers and capturing 132 others.
Ace → Some of the best pilots such as Barron Manfred Von Richthofen, or the Red Baron.
Central Powers → In World War I, the alliance of Germany and Austria-Hungary and other nations allied with them in opposing the Allies.