5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Babe Ruth
- Bernard Baruch
- Ford Motor Company
- Field Marshal Ferdinand Foch
- a Was an American financier, stock-market speculator, statesman, and political consultant. After his success in business, he devoted his time toward advising Democratic US President Woodrow Wilson and Franklin D Roosevelt on economic matters.
- b This made it illegal to drink, make, buy or sell alcohol unless it was for medicinal purposes.
- c The French Field Marshal who served as supreme Allied commander during the First World War.
- d Company founded by Henry Ford in 1910 and used mass production and is one of the most famous auto companies in the world.
- e Also popularly known as "Babe," "The Bambino," and "The Sultan of Swat," this man was an American Major League baseball player from 1914-1935. He is one of the greatest sports heroes of American Culture. He has been named the greatest baseball player in history in various surveys and rankings, and his home run hitting prowess and charismatic personality made him a larger-than-life figure in the "Roaring Twenties."
5 Multiple choice questions
- A World War I battle fought between December 12-15, 1918, involving the AEF and 48,000 French troops under the command of U.S. general John J. Pershing against German positions. The UNited States Army Air Service (which later became the United States Air Force) played a significant role in this action.
- Was an American general, United Nations general, and Field Marshal of the Philippine Army. He was a Chief of Staff of the United States Army during the 1930s and later played a prominent role in the Pacific theater of World War II. He was a highly decorated US soldier of the war, recieving the Medal of Honor for his early service in the Philippines and on the Bataan Peninsula. He was designated to command the proposed invasion of Japan in November 1945.
- Automobile built using the assembly line methods -- was sturdy, reliable, inexpensive and available only in black, it was also known as the "Tin Lizzy."
- Temporary shock that can happen to anyone, caused by bombardments.
- Part of Germany's Central powers.
5 True/False questions
Dardanelles Campaign → Company founded by Henry Ford in 1910 and used mass production and is one of the most famous auto companies in the world.
Lusitania → British passenger boat sunk by a German submarine that claimed 1,000 lives. One of the main reasons America decided to join the war.
General William "Billy" Mitchell → Brigadier General and chief of air operations, First Army. The first high-ranking United States Army officer to learn how to fly, and the first to win the Croix de Guerre.
Lost Battalion → British passenger boat sunk by a German submarine that claimed 1,000 lives. One of the main reasons America decided to join the war.
Armistice → A state of peace agreed to between opponents so they can discuss peace terms.