5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- False. You must protect a client with osteoporosis from falls but not because he or she is at high risk for joint injuries.
- True. The person comfort and body alignment are maintained during a hot soak
- True. Phantom limb pains occur when a client has had an amputation.
- True. Before applying an ice bag, place it in a cover
- Crossing the legs when sitting
- a Before applying an ice bag, place it in a cover
- b When caring for a client who had a hip replacement 5 weeks ago, which of these activities would not be allowed?
- c You must protect a client with osteoporosis from falls because he or she is at high risk for joint injuries.
- d Phantom limb pains occur when a client has had an amputation.
- e The person comfort and body alignment are maintained during a hot soak
5 Multiple choice questions
- When a client has chronic renal failure, only the renal system is affected.
- Joint stiffness occurs in osteiarthritis with activity and range of motion exercises
- When heat is applied to the skin, blood vessels in the area dilate.
- Rheumatoid arthritis affects only the large weight-bearing joints.
- A common term for a myocardial infarction is heart attack.
5 True/False questions
False. Rest usually can relieve angina pain in 3-15 min → Activity will usually relieve angina pain in 3 to 15 minutes.
True. When a client has renal calculi, you should strain the urine. → If a client is vomiting, you need to use only Standard Practices.
False. You can contract tuberculosis through contact with a client who has the disease. → Tuberculosis is spread by contact with infectious materials.
in both wrists → Which is a moist cold application?
relieve pain → A client who has human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) but has not developed acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) cannot infect others with the virus.