5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- We can teach receptive language skills by combining play skills therapy with
- The speech language pathologist also needs to encourage and teach parents to use
- ILS therapy is well suited for _____________ to administer
- When assessing semantic relations, you code each 2-word utterance in the sample into one of the semantic categories. Utterances that don't fit into any of the combinations would be coded as
- When using Prelinguistic Milieu Teaching Methods, how should you Follow the child's attentional lead?
- a Indirect Language Stimulation techniques.
- b Other
- c parents
- d Indirect language strategies
- e Talk about the toys the child selects.
Communicate at child's rate, even if there are long periods of silence.Imitate the child's motor act exactly, or with a reduced or slightly expanded version
.Use contingent vocal imitation-give a partial, exact or modified version of the child's vocalization.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cognitive development and symbolic behavior.
- Up the ante-withhold responding until child produces vocal behavior.Only those vocalizations that include CONSONANTS help to move child in direction of words.Don't reward vocalizations, e.g., grunts, whines, & uh-uh.Acknowledge communication; say, "You want it; tell me..."
- 1. Time- (go now)
3.Sequence -(eat [then] drink)
4.Causality (cry [because] hurt)
- Perhaps a doll theme, a cleaning the house theme, a talking on the phone theme.
- Explain that we need to provide supernormal (extra-extra!) levels of stimuli.
5 True/False questions
.If the child is only using gestures, what do we do? → Increase the communication maturity from gesture, to vocalization, and then to words.
The consequences of language delay for a child's social and cognitive development can be _____________. Language is one of the most ________________ functions in a young child's development → comprehension of questions, requests and commands
Many programs have been developed that use parents as the _________________. Some of these programs involve teaching parents the clinician directed, hybrid or child centered approaches to elicit language → primary agents of intervention.
Are nonverbal intentional communicative skills present? If it's a problem, treatment should include → Work to increase nonverbal communication using modeling and communication temptations.
If higher-level semantic relations are being conveyed frequently, it suggests that the child is exhibiting.... → Some advanced cognitive development in the presence of delayed expressive language.