5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are 3 types of prompts?
- How can we increase the child's communication from gestures to vocalization?
- 'Hit ball' is an example of what semantic relation?
- What does eliciting proto-declaratives help kids learn how to do?
- ILS therapy is well suited for _____________ to administer
- a It helps kids learn how to direct our attention to topics on which they're focused.
- b 1.Time delay
- c Action-object
- d parents
- e Up the ante-withhold responding until child produces vocal behavior.Only those vocalizations that include CONSONANTS help to move child in direction of words.Don't reward vocalizations, e.g., grunts, whines, & uh-uh.Acknowledge communication; say, "You want it; tell me..."
5 Multiple choice questions
- The results of the evaluation we've done.
- Setting the goals for the child's intervention program.
- "nonexistence, denial, rejection"
5 True/False questions
.If the child is only using gestures, what do we do? → Increase the communication maturity from gesture, to vocalization, and then to words.
If the child is older than thirty months and has additional risk factors, Paul suggests → Continued evaluation of phonology, lexical productions and semantic syntactic skills as well as targeting increased expression through parent consultation or direct intervention."
What are the collateral areas for language assessment? → Speech-motor and hearing.
Only those vocalizations that include ______________________ help to move child in direction of words → parents
.What type of goal is an ideal context for parent involvement? → Symbolic play goals