5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Evaluating a child's communicative functioning in each area is important for what 2 purposes?
- The parent or clinician can model play in gestures with simple language in facilitating symbolic play goals.
Give an example of how the adult might encourage early auto-symbolic play
- Only those vocalizations that include ______________________ help to move child in direction of words
- When using Prelinguistic Milieu Teaching Methods, how should you Follow the child's attentional lead?
- If the child is using a wide range of ____________________, then the child is moving toward normal semantic and syntactic development
- a The adult might present the child with some toys such as a bottle, bed, spoon, cup, etc. If the child looks at or touches the cup, the adult might say, "Nice cup! Let's have a drink, " and pretend to drink from it.
The adult would then encourage the child to imitate the auto-symbolic action: "Now you try a drink. Mmm! It's good, isn't it?""
- b Talk about the toys the child selects.
Communicate at child's rate, even if there are long periods of silence.Imitate the child's motor act exactly, or with a reduced or slightly expanded version
.Use contingent vocal imitation-give a partial, exact or modified version of the child's vocalization.
- c semantic relations
- d consonants
- e 1.Developing a prognosis.
2.Devising a treatment plan.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Phonology, lexical production, and semantic-syntactic production.
- 1.Time delay
- Place desired materials in view but out of reach. Violate the expected order of events.
- Example-You can establish a social routine, then withhold a turn and look expectantly at the child or provide a verbal prompt like, "What do you want?" to get the child to request. If the child does not respond, the clinician or parent may use gaze intersection or a gestural model to assist the child.
5 True/False questions
Are functional or symbolic play skills present? If it's a problem, the speech language pathologist should → Provide opportunities in intervention for the child to observe,model, and imitate conventional and symbolic uses of objects in play contexts.
'More milk' is an example of what semantic relation? → recurrence
Treatment for kids using higher-level semantic relations in the presence of delayed expressive language would entail → Enhancing the advanced conceptual development with appropriate play contexts and attempting to provide the child with a more conventional means for expressing his ideas.
.When using Prelinguistic Milieu Teaching Methods, what are the 3 types of specific consequences? → 1. prompts
3. natural consequences
What 4 questions are central to the decision tree for intervention planning in the emerging language stage? → 1. Functional or symbolic play skills?
2. Nonverbal intentional communicative skills present? (gestures)
3. Linguistic comprehension appropriate for the developmental level?
4. Additional risk factors?