5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If the child's Range Of Intentions Expressed is limited, what should we do?
- What can we do to get children to initiate communication?
- 'Hit ball' is an example of what semantic relation?
- What did zero say to eight?
- Are nonverbal intentional communicative skills present? If it's a problem, treatment should include
- a "Nice Belt!"
- b Action-object
- c Use a hybrid type of intervention and use communicative temptations, Milieu teaching, or script intervention."
- d Work to increase nonverbal communication using modeling and communication temptations.
- e Focus on both proto-imperatives and proto-declaratives.
5 Multiple choice questions
- It helps kids learn how to direct our attention to topics on which they're focused.
- Give a one-word label to an object and then expand/extend on it. This models how simple language can be built upon and used. Example- Child-"Doll." Adult-"Pretty doll! It's a pretty doll."
- Direct intervention aimed at eliciting expressive communication.
- Initial symbolic types of communication.
5 True/False questions
Are functional or symbolic play skills present? If it's a problem, the speech language pathologist should → Gives the child a clear set of examples of how language is used to describe experience. Allows children to try out their new understanding in their own production.
We can teach receptive language skills by combining play skills therapy with → Indirect Language Stimulation techniques.
When using Prelinguistic Milieu Teaching Methods, how should you Follow the child's attentional lead? → Place desired materials in view but out of reach. Violate the expected order of events.
When using Prelinguistic Milieu Teaching Methods, how can you Use SCRIPT INTERVENTION? → Establish routines & then violate the routine. Withhold a turn, etc.
By involving parents in symbolic play goals, it provides an ideal setting for → Gives the child a clear set of examples of how language is used to describe experience. Allows children to try out their new understanding in their own production.