5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Higher level semantic relations have to do with what 4 concepts?
- Only those vocalizations that include ______________________ help to move child in direction of words
- The reason that parents are encouraged to be agents of intervention is because
- What are the child's additional risk factors? If the child is less than 30 months, Paul suggests
- 'This ball' is an example of what semantic relation?
- a Demonstrative-entity
- b Monitoring his progress every three to six months, providing counseling to parents, and considering intervention if expressive language continues to lag as he entries the older preschool period."
- c Parent implemented intervention will encourage generalization more quickly and may encourage social skills as well as communication with the child.
- d consonants
- e 1. Time- (go now)
3.Sequence -(eat [then] drink)
4.Causality (cry [because] hurt)
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1.Do not require specific response.
2.Structure the situation.
3.Provide multiple models (SLP & parent) & child opportunities.
- This child is probably ready to be encouraged to use the next levels of symbolic behavior, such as early conventional and symbolic play and deictic gestures (showing, giving, pointing, reaching)
- Up the ante-withhold responding until child produces vocal behavior.Only those vocalizations that include CONSONANTS help to move child in direction of words.Don't reward vocalizations, e.g., grunts, whines, & uh-uh.Acknowledge communication; say, "You want it; tell me..."
- Direct intervention aimed at eliciting expressive communication.
- Increase the communication maturity from gesture, to vocalization, and then to words.
5 True/False questions
Many programs have been developed that use parents as the _________________. Some of these programs involve teaching parents the clinician directed, hybrid or child centered approaches to elicit language → parents
What does eliciting proto-declaratives help kids learn how to do? → states of feeling and attention.
When children can utilize proto-imperatives and proto-declaratives, we can begin to focus on → Initial symbolic types of communication.
To assess a toddler's general developmental level, we measure... → Phonology, lexical production, and semantic-syntactic production.
'All gone cookie' is an example of what semantic relation? → agent-action