5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How can we teach parents to use indirect language strategies?
- How can you provide natural Consequences?
- The consequences of language delay for a child's social and cognitive development can be _____________. Language is one of the most ________________ functions in a young child's development
- When using Prelinguistic Milieu Teaching Methods, how can you Use SCRIPT INTERVENTION?
- How can we teach the child more words he can use to express himself ?
- a Honor child's expressed intentions.
Provide acknowledgement of communication.
Provide linguistic mapping-translate child's action to a word.
- b We can provide models for the child in play contexts through the use of indirect language stimulation techniques.
- c It's important to not only tell them but show them. We need to model these strategies so parents feel more comfortable. Coach them while they're doing it.
- d pervasive, vulnerable
- e Establish routines & then violate the routine. Withhold a turn, etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1.Developing a prognosis.
2.Devising a treatment plan.
- Focus on both proto-imperatives and proto-declaratives.
- Inspect the 'Other' utterances to see whether they are encoding higher level semantic relations.
- 1. prompts
3. natural consequences
- focused and specific
5 True/False questions
.Give an example of how the adult might model deictic and representational gestures → If the child bangs a cup, the clinician can imitate the banging, then hold the cup up to the child's face to show it, saying "cup!""
"Semantic utterances coded as ""other"" are typically about what percent of the sample for toddlers? → It's important to not only tell them but show them. We need to model these strategies so parents feel more comfortable. Coach them while they're doing it.
Name the 3 characteristics of communicative temptations → states of feeling and attention.
When using Prelinguistic Milieu Teaching Methods, how should you Build social routines? → Use predictable games like Patty Cake and Peek a Boo. Vary the game slightly.
Name the 4 characteristics of Prelinguistic Milieu Teaching Methods → 1.Do not require specific response.
2.Structure the situation.
3.Provide multiple models (SLP & parent) & child opportunities.